ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

FRS (Free Radical Scavenger) energy drink.

I was wondering has anyone tried this FRS (Free Radical Scavenger) energy drink? I was wondering how it tastes?
    Here's a little quote from USA TODAY, "We know people reach for beverages, and this is a lot healthier than most."
    http://www.frs.com/
    What do you athlete people eat and drink? I'd like to become an athletic type. Not that I'm out to win the Tour De France. It's just for myself...
    Yes, Lance Armstrong is one of my hero's...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

mtbr member
    If you want to be athletic and healthy don't drink those energy drinks!

Right on... Pretty easy question, huh???
    What do you recommend???
    I did a post on another tread saying I stopped drinking soda over a month ago. And I don't miss it one bit...
    But I still <3 my ice tea, and Propel Kiwi-Strawberry water...
    Caffeine... What can I say about Caffeine? I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. But Caffeine is a drug thats hard to kick. I got to have my mug of ice tea first thing in the morning to wake up... NO Caffeine? Not a happy person...
    I'm trying to kick one thing at a time...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Water, tea, 100% juice, or coffee for me, please. On the bike I do drink Accelerade though because my stomach gets twitchy at race time.

bang
    Quote Originally Posted by brian_404
    What do you athlete people eat and drink?
    pretzels and chocolate milk!

mtbr member
    I don't claim to be super athletic or all knowing when it comes to this stuff. I too, like you, enjoy the propel fitness waters, but usually, I just drink plain old water most of the time! How boring is that?! Sometimes my wife will slice some lemons or limes and put them in a pitcher of water in the fridge for drinking too.

As for caffeine, people will argue both sides of the issue, is it good, or is it bad? I feel that if you HAVE to have it, then it probably isn't good for you. Some people seem to drink it, and it doesn't affect them, so to each his own, I guess.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    FRS does not contain caffiene. It's an anti-oxidant drink. I've drank them. They arn't bad, but you need to get the low sugar verson. Completely different approach that Red Bull or Amp or anything like that. Endorsed by Lance Armstrong.

I drank them for two weeks everyday and noticed less muscle fatigue after workouts, but ultimately I couldn't afford them.

goes well with tea
    Aug 2006
    I've sampled them before also. I wouldn't buy them since they are kinda pricey, but supposedly, drinks that are high in anti-oxidants soak up free radicals which are released during exercise to speed recovery, or at least stop them from further damaging cells. I've never found a really conclusive study that proves that this actually works that way...

It's probably just as effective (and cheaper) just to drink pomegranate juice or something like that. Even Odwalla superfood is cheaper than FRS I think, and that stuff is amaaaaazing.

Right on... Thanks for the information. I'm going to check out the Even Odwalla. Do you know if Carrs sells it? Maybe Wal*Mart?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hdo_1975
    FRS does not contain caffiene. .
    Read the labels, 48 mgs per serving.

http://www.frs.com/products/product1.html
    Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association- Advocate, Educate and Conserve
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM

5g's of sugar isn't bad. the propel (kiwi-strawberry) that i love to drink has 5-6g's of sugar and is 25 cals. for the whole bottle... i've just started adding crystal light lemonade to my 20zo waters. thats really go stuff. it's so hard to drink just plain water, usless it's ice cold. then we're talking...