mtbr member

Feed Zone at Sea Otter?

I'll be going to Sea Otter for the first time this weekend to race DH and XC, both sport categories. My question is regarding the XC course. I see that sports race one lap of a 19 mile course, which is the same as last year's. Is there a feed zone for someone to hand bottles? Usually I just get feeds each lap on a multi lap course. But since it's just one lap, where can I get feeds? If someone helps me with feeds, how can they get out there? Thanks.

Metalheadbikerider

The obvious answer...

Quote Originally Posted by HalomTano Biking
    I'll be going to Sea Otter for the first time this weekend to race DH and XC, both sport categories. My question is regarding the XC course. I see that sports race one lap of a 19 mile course, which is the same as last year's. Is there a feed zone for someone to hand bottles? Usually I just get feeds each lap on a multi lap course. But since it's just one lap, where can I get feeds? If someone helps me with feeds, how can they get out there? Thanks.
    there is no feed zone. You gotta carry your own stuff for SO, unless a friend wants to ride the course the night before and camp overnight to hand you a bottle the next day...
    Your start time is WAY early so I don't see how someone could get to a good spot on the course to hand off.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Trying a little
    in 2006, they handed out water at 2 feed zones along the course

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member

Camelbak time!

Good call guys.

Yeah, there's no way I'm having anyone stumble out in the wee morning hours to hand my a bottle. I guess I'll be rockin' the Camelbak. I have a Hydrobak with 50 oz so it should be perfect. Just enough hydration, but not to large, heavy, and bulky.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0