mtbr member
    Jan 2007

evolution of Racer X frame (duplicate from Titus page)

Does anyone know how the Racer X frame has evolved over the past few years? I'm considering picking up an 05 frame and wondering how that frame differs from the 07. It looks like they went to carbon seat stays in 06. Are there any other differences? Was the frame weight still about 5 lbs. in 05? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

recovering racer
    The major difference is that starting in late 04 Titus started offering the RX100 - frame geometry adjusted for a 100mm travel fork. Carbon seatstays started in the 06 frames but have had numerous failures. I know several Titus sponsored racers who have broken the seatstays at the dropout, one while leading a race.

Personally I have an 05 RX100 and it's a great bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by suffer fest
    Does anyone know how the Racer X frame has evolved over the past few years? I'm considering picking up an 05 frame and wondering how that frame differs from the 07. It looks like they went to carbon seat stays in 06. Are there any other differences? Was the frame weight still about 5 lbs. in 05? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    i have an 05 RX (80mm). great bike. no complaints. my frame is ti and i think it weight either a hair under or a hair over 5. either way the bike itself weighs 23 lbs fully built...

this pic was taken just before my first ride on it in 05. it's got a Scarab Super fork, different saddle and a few other minor modifications since then.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks all for the input.