mtbr member
    Apr 2006

The Escape VA's Premeir point to point race is back

After a 7 year break the fall classic returns on the trails of Craig County's Potts Mountain. Held since 1988 and due to the race's challanging nature of the course only intermediate and expert classes are offered.
    More info at www.mountainbikevirginia.com

mtbr member

Barbours Creek Trail Ride Report

Some guys and I rode part of the course yesterday. We went up Lipes Branch trail and took a left on the jeep trail up top. Lipes Branch trail was very overgrown with lots of downed trees and hike-a-bike sections. I loved the rocks, roots and challenging terrain but at times I felt like I was in the jungle. I have scrapes and scratches all over me (arms, legs, neck) from the overgrowth. I hope the promoters of the upcoming race plan on clearing out the brush. We moved a bunch of small trees on our way up but there is still a ton of work to be done. BTW - The DH was amazing.

When we got to the bottom of the trail we saw a sign that said "no wheeled vehicles". Did we poach the trail? Were we even on the right trail?
    Last edited by masonmax; 08-23-2010 at 08:07 AM.

mtbr member
    I found out earlier that we DID poach Lipes Branch trail and it is not part of the racecourse. Back again on Sunday for another go at the race loop!