Endurox makes me poop

Discuss.....

hardtails rule!!!
    Jun 2006
    Everything makes me go.

mtbr member
    But, does it make you poop faster?

EGGROLL!!!
    If you stop pooping, you should be worried.

~I Ride In Circles ~
    I know a bunch of people who've claimed to poo more after taking Protein shakes on a regular basis. I've been taking protein shakes for 4 weeks now and I haven't been affected though..

I'm sure if your body isn't used to larger amounts of somthing it will deal with it the only way it knows how. Dropping it off..
    [SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You should poop as many times a day as you eat.
    Pooping is good.

mtbr member
    Coffee makes me poop. A guy that I did some road riding with a few years ago. His wife could always tell when he ate Powerbars by the scent of his gas.

~I Ride In Circles ~
    My friend is a body builder.. he stinks. He really really stinks. Not body odor eigther.. He rips ass and people vomit..

I think its the combo of tons of protein and all the other things he takes.
    [SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]

- factotum -
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuckpilgrim
    Discuss.....

Powerbar has the same effect on me.

But as long as your urine does not smell like "cranberry" or whatever those Powerbars should taste like - don't worry.

When will they come with Steak-Flavour? I am waiting for this because I can't stand eating sweet things all day in the saddle.

I like to ride my bike
    Apr 2007
    Don't use a full dose to start out. Just use 1/4 then work your way up. I have the same problem. I get killer gas as soon as I start pedaling

large member
    I just get some gas on lighter days. It's just a sign your body doesn't need all of the protein you ingested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuckpilgrim
    Discuss.....
    I believe that endurox has a high level of glutamine(sp) which is probably the main factor.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    You know, I had a bottle of Endurox on a ride yesterday afternoon, and I just pooped this morning! Wow!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by preparation_h
    I believe that endurox has a high level of glutamine(sp) which is probably the main factor.
    Glutamine should not be much of a problem especially in such a small amount. The isolate fo glutamine is pretty expensive. It is used for strengthening of the GI tract and helps make it strong enough to do it's job.

Likely the issue with the endurox is the consentration of the carbs causing dumping syndrome. Yup, there's something called dumping syndrome. Anyhoo, in a lab, water chases sugar to create equalibrium on both sides of a membrane, right? The result is that there is a balance on both sides. Now, imagine the membrane of your intestines and they are sitting there full of sugary endurox. Water on the other side of the membrane is all hot and bothered to get to the sugar to balance the place out. The problem is that water is rushing in to your endurox and poop filled colon. Ker-splash! This is why it's good to race on the same stuff you train on to make sure you don't react this way to a product.

I'm a unitard!
    This thread is funny.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot2001
    Glutamine should not be much of a problem especially in such a small amount. The isolate fo glutamine is pretty expensive. It is used for strengthening of the GI tract and helps make it strong enough to do it's job.

Likely the issue with the endurox is the consentration of the carbs causing dumping syndrome. Yup, there's something called dumping syndrome. Anyhoo, in a lab, water chases sugar to create equalibrium on both sides of a membrane, right? The result is that there is a balance on both sides. Now, imagine the membrane of your intestines and they are sitting there full of sugary endurox. Water on the other side of the membrane is all hot and bothered to get to the sugar to balance the place out. The problem is that water is rushing in to your endurox and poop filled colon. Ker-splash! This is why it's good to race on the same stuff you train on to make sure you don't react this way to a product.
    Very Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by preparation_h
    Very Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

Merely a slight change in course toa more likely etiology.