Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Isn't she lovely?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Emily Batty thread-gibson-eb-sg7r0246.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxa! View Post
    Isn't she lovely?
    Yeah bro, highly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Met Emily at the Canada cup last week. Shes an amazing person. She was busy doing somthing in the trailer and she heard my daughter ask " where is Emily ". With in seconds she was outside stepped under he canopy and came right outto hang out with my girl.

I have to say I have never met such an unselfish "famous" person. She had a real conversation with her. Introduced her self and shook our hands (wife and me). Posed for a pic and we let her get back to what she was doing.

My daughter saw here again when she arrived, the next day, got a big hug and smile.

Upon winning her race, my daughter was at the finish line to give her a winning hug.

It was awsome watching her ride. For the first 3 laps I was worried as she trailed in 2nd. But silly me. By next lap she had over a min lead, and it stretched from there on out.

What was cool was after she crossed the finish line it looked as if she rode 5 miles. Didnt even seem out of breath.

Shes a super down to earth girl. We would be very proud to have her represent our country.

I think I might love her a little bit.
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

mtbr member
    After the freezing temps at Louisville. And a bit of mud

mtbr member
    Two birds with one stone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Emily Batty thread-a6zfd5xceaeqmvh.jpg  

mtbr member
    Seems like Kentucky was cold enough even for a canadian...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Emily Batty thread-original_upload.jpg  

ups and downs
    Another Emily interview

Joyride150 - XC Session on Vimeo
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    That park looks more and more appealing as I look out the window and see nothing but rain, hail, and wind.
    At least, Phil said at Punxsutawney that spring was coming soon...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxa! View Post
    That park looks more and more appealing as I look out the window and see nothing but rain, hail, and wind.
    At least, Phil said at Punxsutawney that spring was coming soon...
    Joyride 150 is awesome!

duh
    yep she is cute. It could be that infectious smile that she always seems to have on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

mtbr member
    Adorable kid!

But, come on, she looks a bit ridiculous on that 29er. I mean, marketing is marketing and hype is hype but at what point does the sponsor say "Ok, that's enough!"

She has to use a -25 deg stem on that thing! LOL.

That said, she's delivering results, so whatever she's doing is working!
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Emily looking fit

Emily Batty and Annie Last in training
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Emily Batty thread-199023_629225240427005_1156522657_n.jpg  

XCdude

From Bonelli

The Emily Batty thread-549984_538261156212182_452606628_n.jpgThe Emily Batty thread-562153_539617979409833_920446821_n.jpgDuring the race and on her way to the podium. She is nice kid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vale46 View Post
    Emily Batty and Annie Last in training
    Hahahaha... can we blame Shimano for being all up on that?

ups and downs

mnoutain bkie rdier
    She finished second to Lesley Paterson...who entered her first Pro XC race that day after running 6 miles before the race. Lesley is the world champ Xtrerra lady right now, so..

Funny how Emily says (talking about Lesley) "I was riding with what's her name again...?"

I guess Emily dropped her chain right before the finish line..

Funny...when I was changing at my car, Emily rode past me with another Trek rider and they were like "Who is that girl with the World Champ stripes!?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    Funny...when I was changing at my car, Emily rode past me with another Trek rider and they were like "Who is that girl with the World Champ stripes!?"
    So... you're Lesley Paterson?

mtbr member
    She finished second to Lesley Paterson...who entered her first Pro XC race that day after running 6 miles before the race. Lesley is the world champ Xtrerra lady right now, so..

Funny how Emily says (talking about Lesley) "I was riding with what's her name again...?"

You literally quoted the cycling dirt video. I guess if a person doesnt have time to watch it, they could just read your post.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakie1999 View Post
    You literally quoted the cycling dirt video. I guess if a person doesnt have time to watch it, they could just read your post.
    Yeh, it was funny to see that video and then think "No way...I actually heard her team mate say that!" I don't think anyone else heard it.

It was the comment about "Who is that girl in the WC stripes!?"

I laughed when I heard it and repeated the comment to my team mate. At the time, we had not seen Lesley (she never races pro mtb), so we didn't know who she was even talking about.

Also, considering that I was there, odds are that my story will be similar to the other human who was there too filming the event...crazy right. Apologies for being lame and being at the same race as her.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    @Voodoo: Yes. They call me the Scottish Rocket. When I first read that, I was confused. Now it makes sense and made me laugh. Good one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I have the pleasure of training with Lesley when she is on her hard Mtn bike training regiments. The girl is legit. In the two years I have road with her she has vastly improved her bike handling and power on bursty climbs. Bonelli proved this. She started 18th and by the first lap she was with the leaders and soon after doing all the work and eventually dropping everyone but Emily. I was right where Emily dropped her chain and saw it all. It was not at the finish line. It was still with 1.5 laps to go. It was right where you come down to see the grass field and then make an off camber turn left to hit a fireroad climb back up. Emily shifted and dropped and Lesley went for it putting about 20 seconds on her and that was it. I was also at the finish line and don't recall Emily asking who she was but I did see Lea Davidson roll up and ask.

ups and downs

Ridin bikes is fun
    Forget it, I can't add pictures. wow how could they have made this any harder. Thanks MTBR
    Last edited by surfndav; 04-14-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    What the...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Emily Batty thread-wtf.jpg  

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast