banned

DOUBLE your endurance! Resveratrol.

That is what they say anyway. The mice seem to dig it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/16/sc...rtner=homepage

This might have been posted, but on a cursory look, I did not see it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Heh, well, it's not on the USADA or WADA banned substances lists

Filipresveratrol returns!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thought you might find this reply from Dr Bill Misner, a very well respected research Dr in alternative medicine:
    "There are a number of unanswered questions about the safety and health outcome from concentrated 3,4,5 -hydroxystilbene dose. The estrogenic fraction of this -stilbene is quite potent in concentrated form, and oral dose, which is quite well-absorbed needs to be limited until more research confirms its longterm safety effects. No, I do not recommend taking it for more than 72 hours, therefore as a life-extension supplement more research is needed to confirm safety.

3,4,5-trihydroxystilbene, is a weak estrogenic phytoalexin. It positively dynamically effects from potent hydroxy-stilbene fraction with extraordinary effects. Research as discovered 3 classes of molecules that activate sirtuins. They show that the potent activator resveratrol, lowers the Michaelis constant of SIRT1 for both the acetylated substrate and NAD(+), and increases cell survival by stimulating SIRT1-dependent deacetylation of p53. In yeast, resveratrol mimics calorie restriction by stimulating Sir2, increasing DNA stability and extending lifespan by 70%. As a stilbenoid, a derivate of stilbene, and is produced in plants by an enzyme, stilbene synthase, in order to resist outside destructive elements the plant perceives. Research reports interesting life-extension qualities in worms, flies, and mice. Some argue that it oxidizes but others insist that the health effects from oral dose are remarkable. Having tested resveratrol in several subjects, I can attest to positive effects in metabolism. However, the Sirt1 and calorie restriction life-extension, health estrogenic effects from Resveratrol are critically negative from a single study that shows an association between dose and breast cancer cell proliferation. It is only one study and we need more in order to erase or confirm this negative.

My position is: Taking a -stilbene resveratrol or protykin fraction as an antiviral is rational and therefore such a product protocol should/would not exceed application for more than 3-continuous days. I definitively require more research to demonstrate the positive effects and eliminate presented known issues of breast cell cancer proliferation before being convinced of protykin/resveratrol's dose application on a daily basis.

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Dr. Bill Misner, Ph.D., C.S.M.T.
    AAMA Board Certified Alternative Medicine Practitioner
    Certification #38272409 "

banned
    That is very cool info. Thanks a bunch for posting that!

Members who have read this thread: 0