Grip it and rip it.

New question here. Does the Edge 705 start to go wonky after a few years?

Had my Edge 705 for about four years now. Over the last year or so I've gradually started to have more problems with it on a more regular basis. In the last week it failed to record three of my rides properly. One of them, the file must not have saved properly because it was only 2Kb, and the other two, it stopped counting the vert gain half way through the ride, tried re-calibrating it and restarting it to no avail..

So, is it just an age thing that they start to act a bit temperamental after a few years??
    If that the case I may have to look at a new computer as don't want to risk lots of workouts not being recorded properly.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Damitletsride!; 01-14-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Wonky Garmin.

I would call Gamin. They will walk you through clearing the unit and updating it to the newest soft and firm ware. Garmin tech support does a pretty good job and were able to show me some things that I did not figure out on my own when updating the units.

They have a program where you send them your unti and they send you a refurbished one for a reasonable cost. ($75 for my edge 305 and it has a year warranty). Might be a good option if the format and new software does not fix it.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me