mtbr member
    Oct 2007

A.d.r.e.n.a.l.i.n.e.

Hello everybody,
    Mine is a topic I think we can all relate: adrenaline.
    Having experienced the feeling of riding under the influence of it, I believe It does work at your advantage or disadvantage depending.
    When my body starts to produce this substance , It is generally time for me to concentrate on timing obstacles with more accuracy.
    It seems like my brain is running a lot faster than the rest,causing mistakes .
    Eventually I have skilled to keep my head "cold" resulting into a safe and more efficient work out .
    I was curious to find out if you think a boost of adrenaline is beneficial to your performance.
    Also a question regarding "tunnel vision", a term riders at competitive level are quite familiar with.
    How do you prepare to set your mind into it?
    Thanks for watching.
    Last edited by dueruote; 10-06-2008 at 07:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It usually happens when something shocking occurs, like saving yourself from a fall, falling, or jumping. It is awesome when you get it after a fall. You ride faster for a while, but then you have to lower the intensity before you blow up.
    More on this later on.

Person Who Bicycles
    Jun 2008
    I love the sudden metallic taste in your mouth from the adrenaline when you suddenly get scared badly or have a nice good fall. I actually find the rush focusing as long as I keep my head.
    If you ain't 29, your last

knock-knock...
    it throws me off and ruins my flow. my speed starts spiking and falling rather than just hammering it home.

knock-knock...
    it throws me off and ruins my flow. my speed starts spiking and falling rather than just hammering it home.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    its one of those things i don't think about until after, it just hits very naturally when its time

i also appreciate its incredible pain killing qualities after i severely (plate and 6 screws) broke my clavicle, adrenaline got me to the ER, just shows what the body can do

I Crash Often
    Nov 2006
    It's all about the flow man. If your challenge is high and your skill is low, you're going to get frustrated. If your skill is high and challenge is low, you're going to be boered. If they match in the middle, you'll usually be 'in the zone' maybe with some adrenaline type feelings. Can't beat that. Check out Csíkszentmihályi's theory if that interests you. I just take it and go. Kind of my 'runners high'.