Thread: Cranks?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Cranks?

I am really getting into Adventure Racing and I am building up my bike. The crank that came on the bike is a TruVativ Five D. I havenít read too many positives about that crank set. Any recommendations in the 100-200 price range? I want something light, fast, and reliable.

~Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mohaupt
    I am really getting into Adventure Racing and I am building up my bike. The crank that came on the bike is a TruVativ Five D. I havenít read too many positives about that crank set. Any recommendations in the 100-200 price range? I want something light, fast, and reliable.

~Mike
    FSA Team carbon (were some onsale at Sierra trading post though pickings are slim)
    American Classic ISIS BB

Ritchey WCS ISIS (blue color) at ebay- at $80 this is the absolute best bang/buck for weight and cost
    w/ American Classic ISIS BB.

KCNC ISIS crankset
    American Classic ISIS BB

XT cranks/BB
    Chain reaction cycles. Most people love them. Cost is good for 2005-2006 closeouts. If you have issues with your knees and q-factor these may be too wide.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the replie!

mtbr member
    Race Face makes some nice cranks, im assuming you mostly ride XC, this crank is really nice and its good for peeps on a budget.

http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...om-Bracket.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0