mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Compression tights

I have been looking at getting a set of compression tights. I have found Skins and 2XU. I actually like the idea of the 2xu because you can get the leggings without having to wear tights for recovery. I also wonder who wears compression tight race socks while they race, and if so what brand. Are there any other brands out there?

mtbr member
    Everybody makes that compression stuff nowadays. Under Armor would be a big one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    To get the maximal benefit, first you have to chop your nuts off.

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flargle
    To get the maximal benefit, first you have to chop your nuts off.
    This is a new definition of "maximal benefit", of which I was not previously aware.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

medical compression socks

Quote Originally Posted by wheelbiter
    I have been looking at getting a set of compression tights. I have found Skins and 2XU. I actually like the idea of the 2xu because you can get the leggings without having to wear tights for recovery. I also wonder who wears compression tight race socks while they race, and if so what brand. Are there any other brands out there?
    If you go with the medical compression socks they are much cheaper! Yeah, my socks look like old lady socks but I don't care they cost me 20 bucks! Also, the higher the compression the more expensive the sock, but the medical socks are still cheaper than the name brands, IMO.

I just wear them for recovery. I wasn't a big believer in them, but I really like them now and wear them after every long ride.

Tiff

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I was trying to figure out the differences between the sport and the recovery model of Skins. I asked my local dealer who got a response from the Skins rep. Here was his response: "The compression and the material are the same but the seams and foot piece on the T&R are the differences. I always recommend that a customers first experience with Skins should be through recovery use, however if they are only going to buy one then you might want to direct them to the sport long tight. The reason being that they can still use the sport long tight for recovery but they should not use the T&R tight for active wear (because of the seam placement)."