Anytime. Anywhere.

Catherine Pendrel's Oiz

I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice setup. I liked the wheel/tire combo. Article didn't say. Was that a 2.35 Ikon or a 2.25 we think? The dropper post and wide bars/short stem was interesting as well. I get the dropper post since she's probably short(er), but the rest of the setup is surprising.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Those look like 2.35 IKONs Nice.

I really wish Maxxis made those in 27.5 in a lighter casing than the Exo for consumers.

Or Schwalbe to make a Racing Ralph in 2.35 for 27.5. Either would make me happy. My wife runs a custom 650B bike and loves the Ikon in 2.35, but they are really heavy (700g real world). So, she usually races on a 2.25 Ralph or the last gen Specialized Fast Trak 2.2.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    Those look like 2.35 IKONs Nice.

I really wish Maxxis made those in 27.5 in a lighter casing than the Exo for consumers.

Or Schwalbe to make a Racing Ralph in 2.35 for 27.5. Either would make me happy. My wife runs a custom 650B bike and loves the Ikon in 2.35, but they are really heavy (700g real world). So, she usually races on a 2.25 Ralph or the last gen Specialized Fast Trak 2.2.
    I thought they were 2.35's also. I run them in 29". The EXO TR is quite heavy like you said.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    They are 2.2 Ikons.

The big change in set-up from the past is the frame size. This year she is racing a medium instead of a small. The longer top tube completely changes the feel and look of the bike. The rest are of the changes are quite small compared to last year. Bars are the same width and the stem is 10mm shorter.

And then there is the dropper. Which to be honest about she is still mixed on for XC racing. Loves it for riding though.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    They are 2.2 Ikons.

The big change in set-up from the past is the frame size. This year she is racing a medium instead of a small. The longer top tube completely changes the feel and look of the bike. The rest are of the changes are quite small compared to last year. Bars are the same width and the stem is 10mm shorter.

And then there is the dropper. Which to be honest about she is still mixed on for XC racing. Loves it for riding though.
    Cool. Are the wheels she's using wider than a standard XC wheel then? The tire seems to have a wider profile then I'm used to seeing the 2.2.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flynbryan19 View Post
    Cool. Are the wheels she's using wider than a standard XC wheel then? The tire seems to have a wider profile then I'm used to seeing the 2.2.
    The wheels at DT swiss 1200s. I think they are 23mm internal width. Not overly large. I suspect the black wheel with the black tires makes them look bigger then they are.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Why is she not sure about the dropper during a race?

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelzqc View Post
    Why is she not sure about the dropper during a race?
    World cup descents are often really short and attacking in and out of them at full speed is key. The dropper adds a bit of hesitation at either end. Perhaps with continued practice with dropper that hesitation will disappear.