mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Which to buy? 09 SID Race or 07 Reba World Cup

Which to buy? 09 SID Race or 07 Reba World Cup.

Title pretty much says it all im at a crossroad on which to buy the newer 09 SID Race 85/100 or the 100 Reba World Cup. Cost roughly the same and both have the on the fly lockout. Thoght s suggestions.

WC is carbon but SID is newer technolgy correct? Im pretty sure im gonna keep it at 100MM. This is for XC applications. Thanks for the help
    Aaron Boatman
    Lake Havasu City

Local Rides AZ stuff

FACEBOOK

VIP
    Jun 2006
    SID is roughly 100g lighter.. and if you believe the hype - a bit* stiffer.
    And looks better, but I imagine thats a personal thing

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Sid

Get the SID for sure. It's a great fork. It has the smoothness and rebound of the FOX, with the durability and remote lockout of a RS. Also you don't have the silly carbon steerer to worry about.

It's just as stiff as the REBA. It's not hype...the SID really isn't a SID anymore. It's just a newer lightened version of the REBA in my mind.
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

mtbr member
    i think the SID race is cheaper than the REBA world cup....perhaps you are talking about the SID world cup and REBA world cup...i just saw a SID race fork on ebay for 500 bones...it is a beauty!!!! if you have the chance get it instead of the REBA, which is also an excellent fork but a tad heavier than the SID...
    [SIZE="4"]07 IBEX Asta Expert X9 "La Bonita"
    04 LITESPEED Classic "Chispita"[/SIZE]
    Jan 07 @ 224lbs - Jan 08 @165lbs - Goal @ 155lbs

I love Pisgah
    Sid.

Measurably lighter(4oz). Feels at least as good. Stiff. More innovation. Even looks better.

"I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

DB4L
    May 2008

Sid

Go for the SID. I got mine for 350 dollars, best bargain bin purchase I've ever made. LBS had one sitting in the bargain bin, fresh and new in the box. I asked him why and he said it must be mislabeled but I "convinced" him to sell it to me as labeled. Love the thing.

Don't look back ....

I'm confused ....

On SRAM website the SID Race shows Pure Delite dampening on description and Motion Control on their ICON highlight, and I see alot of people with SID Race saying it's got Motion Control dampening as well. Duckman, can you confirm the dampening type on yours?

Second question regarding the SID Race. Is the Remote PopLoc availalbe for Sid Race? Once again, the website shows it with the little ICON, but not as no upgrade option in the description.

I can drop 250-300gms over my Fox F100 RL if Duckmans weight is a good average. This upgrade and replacing Avid brakes with Formula can drop a pound for me and add performance to boot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This is more of a blue collar than weight weenie question...has anyone seen detailed service instructions for the SID yet? Or the internals?
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

No. Just No. Moderator
    I htink they've just done a poor job of updating the web site. You can also see they don't even show the 100mm travel option in the descriptions. I believe they are all Motion Control (no Pure Delite) and they are now on to the PUSHloc remote lever, not the older style Poploc.

Quote Originally Posted by RideToLive
    On SRAM website the SID Race shows Pure Delite dampening on description and Motion Control on their ICON highlight, and I see alot of people with SID Race saying it's got Motion Control dampening as well. Duckman, can you confirm the dampening type on yours?

Second question regarding the SID Race. Is the Remote PopLoc availalbe for Sid Race? Once again, the website shows it with the little ICON, but not as no upgrade option in the description.

I can drop 250-300gms over my Fox F100 RL if Duckmans weight is a good average. This upgrade and replacing Avid brakes with Formula can drop a pound for me and add performance to boot.

No. Just No. Moderator
    I was shipped the wrong pre-set travel (ordered 100mm, received 80mm) and had to crack it open upon receiving it to remove the All-Travel spacer. I had to phone SRAM tech support to check the oil levels since I couldn't find a guide anywhere. I was about to just use the same oil levels as in my Reba, but interestingly enough the new SID has different oil levels. Glad I made the call to SRAM tech support, who was aware that the service/tech manuals hadn't been released yet but couldn't understand why himself. He even sounded a bit confused/frustrated on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    This is more of a blue collar than weight weenie question...has anyone seen detailed service instructions for the SID yet? Or the internals?

Mythical Creature
    Is the Remote PopLoc availalbe for Sid Race?
    Yes.

http://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/crosscountry/sid/#tab3

When in doubt - talk to a slaes rep at a shop, or a reputable online dealer! My buddies 2009 SID is beautiful light, cushy, and has a pop-loc.

PS They used to have a website, 'SuperlightIntegratedRacing.com' - which had more info. and details - but seems to be gone now that they moved the new SID info to the main site...
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

What is the difference

betweent the SID Race and Team?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bundyloco
    betweent the SID Race and Team?
    race uses the old damper. Team gets the black box damper

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Great

Quote Originally Posted by kylebaxter
    The Black-Box damper is great!
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

Don't look back ....

Does MotionControl = BlackBox?

Quote Originally Posted by kylebaxter
    Looks like at least a few vendors state 2009 has the "Motion Control" dampener. I'm assuming that is BlackBox?

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...s.php?id=24444

http://catalog.bicycleoutfittersindy...ils.cfm?id=515

If so, I think I'll grab a Black/Silver 100mm SID Race w/ PushLoc to update the Fox RL.

mtbr member
    Looks like at least a few vendors state 2009 has the "Motion Control" dampener. I'm assuming that is BlackBox?

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...s.php?id=24444

http://catalog.bicycleoutfittersindy...ils.cfm?id=515

If so, I think I'll grab a Black/Silver 100mm SID Race w/ PushLoc to update the Fox RL.
    The Blackbox motion control and motion control are two different dampers.Blackbox is NOT used in the race, only team and WC.