mtbr member
    Mar 2008

which bike computer?

okay time to break down and buy one. i want one with a HRM and power meter and candence monitor.

(i am not sure how the power meter and candence thing gets hooked up)

and i want it to come with computer software so i can download all the info after the ride.

can someone please point me in the right direction. what is everyone using? thanks

mtbr member
    Garmin 705

ANT+ wireless for powermeter. Cadence sensor mounts to left chainstay and transmits to unit wirelessly.
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

Chicken or egg? Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dirthead
    Garmin 705

ANT+ wireless for powermeter. Cadence sensor mounts to left chainstay and transmits to unit wirelessly.
    Probably important for the OP to understand that the computer alone (such as Garmin 705) won't give him power, and that he still needs a device such as a PowerTap wheel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip
    Probably important for the OP to understand that the computer alone (such as Garmin 705) won't give him power, and that he still needs a device such as a PowerTap wheel.
    Good point Circlip. I forgot to mention that.
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".