mtbr member

Best online coach?

So i've decided to get an online coach. I initially was going to get a local coach but most of the ones in my area are triathlon coaches, and the cycling specific coaches around here dont have much experience in mtb specific training. So whats the best online coach that trains with power? Ive been looking at fascatcoaching, but thats really all that ive found. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

mtbr member
    Patrick Valentine at Carmichael Training Systems. Very knowledgeable, encouraging, dependable, and, by comparison to other coaches, affordable. Also, an X-terra pro and very fast on a mountain bike.
    Coach Photo Grid | Carmichael Training Systems

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    For 125 bucks a month, I will coach you,

ride hard once a week, some mid length intervals, race on Saturday, take one or two days off and ride super easy every other day. Eat right and rest a lot.

Repeat weekly.

Message me for payment info. I will alter this weekly plan ever so slightly to be sure you don't think you are wasting your money.

For a flat 500 I will give you a 52 week plan, including some awesome race day advice, like;

Relax, go hard, drink something, pass when you can.

I am the best coach available, I have advised multiple category winners and series winners. I have a nice bike and people like me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Maybe a training plan will work.

LW Coaching - Mountain Bike Training and Racing

I have used a couple of her plans and think it adds alot to my training. I agree with stupidbike that you can have alot of success with a very vauge plan. Ride hard rest repeat often will actually get you pretty far. Without a plan of some sort I would probably never do intervals and I would certainly not do them on succesive days and weeks like the plans from lwcoaching lay out. Training with some structure has benifits just don't forget to ride for fun as well. Prebuilt plan might be a good option
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I think having a strong group around you is better than any well planned out training program done solo. Just my thoughts and personal preference. You still need structure and guidance to

FasCat Coaching
    Quote Originally Posted by skyler View Post
    So i've decided to get an online coach. I initially was going to get a local coach but most of the ones in my area are triathlon coaches, and the cycling specific coaches around here dont have much experience in mtb specific training. So whats the best online coach that trains with power? Ive been looking at fascatcoaching, but thats really all that ive found. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
    Skyler,
    Shoot me an email jason at fascatcoaching dot com or give us a call 720-406-7444 . Be more than happy to have a chat with you, answer any questions you may have and determine if I can meet your needs or point you into the direction that will.
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Sign with CTS - they will hook you up with a good coach.

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidbike View Post

ride hard once a week, some mid length intervals, race on Saturday, take one or two days off and ride super easy every other day. Eat right and rest a lot.

Repeat weekly.

Message me for payment info. I will alter this weekly plan ever so slightly to be sure you don't think you are wasting your money.

For a flat 500 I will give you a 52 week plan, including some awesome race day advice, like;

I am the best coach available, I have advised multiple category winners and series winners. I have a nice bike and people like me.

Well said.... I would like to add when doing all out intervals ride with someone faster than you so you can chase them. A very vague plan and riding with faster friends can put you on the podium.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidbike View Post

Repeat weekly.

Are you available to hire as a general Life coach?

Theme music is required. Please PM me with salary requirements.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I know people who use Wenzel Coaching. I also heard LW Coaching is good. I live in South Jersey. I went online and looked up bike shops and local mountain biking clubs and found some links for local coaches too. You might be able to find someone who races in your area as a Pro, and who has also started training people on the side. It might be beneficial to have a coach you can see and ride with on occasion.
    Angie
    Check out my website!