Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ups and downs

Best bad loser finish line tantrum ever

Hands up, how many racers here have had this fine a meltdown after losing a finish line sprint by 1 second, just because he came unclipped. This was the second place finisher at the Belgian National Championships this past weekend. He's 27 and an Elite Men's class racer.

Loser mountainbiker cries like a baby after lost sprint - YouTube
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That is a classic.....Mommy keeps telling him to settle down and he just flips out more....

Sweetie just comforts him...

Then some guy tells him to grow a pair...classic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That just made my day. Thank you.

mtbr member
    wow. lucky for him, someone was there to film it for prosperity.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I"m giggling and poking fun and at the same time feeling sorry for the dude because he probable trained his butt off... and lost. I wish I knew what he was saying, but I'll just make up what I think he is saying.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdds View Post
    I"m giggling and poking fun and at the same time feeling sorry for the dude because he probable trained his butt off... and lost. I wish I knew what he was saying, but I'll just make up what I think he is saying.
    Ditto; I have no problem with him crying; folks should just let go of the sexist stereotype that guys cant be free with their feelings, but... he was being a sore loser, an angry, spoiled, sore loser.

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    We all wanna ride like the pros, but PLEASE don't copy this behavior after your local Cat 2 race.
    Get it unlocked.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    That guy was even in the "sprint"? That was hilarious. I was expecting French to come out of his mouth, but nah...

Someone clever needs to put fake sub titles down below in an edit. That would be great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I watched it, and after I stopped laughing..................This guy needs some perspective. He lost, figure out what to improve and try again. He is a loser in more ways then one.

Unpredictable
    I wonder how he would act if the rider in front at the feed station takes the last banana?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by estabro View Post
    We all wanna ride like the pros, but PLEASE don't copy this behavior after your local Cat 2 race.
    Or the opposite, when a guy is racing CAT3 and should obviously be doing CAT2 and he comes through the finish line with both of his hands in the air doing the pistol shooting celebration.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    If I ever win a race (probably won't happen unless I cat down to CAT 3) I am so going to do a Sagan Victory dance. But which one? The run forrest run, the chicken dance, or the hulk?........hmmmmm.

mtbr member
    I did the same thing when I got second at nationals.

Really though, I care so little about winning, that's probably why I never win. I just look too much at the big picture.
    Head Coach, Ben Lomond HS MTB Team
    www.utahmtb.org
    Cycling Team and local Club:
    http://www.roostersbikersedge.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I disagree with almost all of your comments; I know there is a bigger picuture to be looked at, but I felt sorry for the guy.
    I know that's the Web but I dont like making fun of others deep feelings over the forums and I wonder how many of the posters above lost a National Championship with a smile on their faces.

Have fun
    [SIZE="4"]flyMTBfish[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausable View Post
    I disagree with almost all of your comments; I know there is a bigger picuture to be looked at, but I felt sorry for the guy.
    I know that's the Web but I dont like making fun of others deep feelings over the forums and I wonder how many of the posters above lost a National Championship with a smile on their faces.

Have fun
    It's ok to lose, you just have to lose with class, not cry about it like a 5 year old.

ups and downs
    The back story... but it doesn't make it a lot better

RockyRoads.net - Belgian Nationals video goes viral, the story
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tooclosetosee View Post
    If I ever win a race (probably won't happen unless I cat down to CAT 3) I am so going to do a Sagan Victory dance. But which one? The run forrest run, the chicken dance, or the hulk?........hmmmmm.
    I vote for the hands-free wheelie.

Peter Sagan dojazd na zadnom kolese 7. etapa / wheelie 7 Stage - YouTube
    Get it unlocked.

Big Damn Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by estabro View Post
    That was badass... that guy is amazing on pretty much all types of bikes.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

Bro Mountainbiker
    Poor guy.... I would definitely be upset. Maybe even a little bit angry. But there is no way I would have lost my composure like that.

In my opinion, crying is only acceptable after a big win. Then, its awesome
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    my guess is that whatever those dudes are taking to go faster on the bike is effing up their hormone balance enough that they can no longer control their emotions.

i am glad we don't have our top pros throwing tantrums in public after a race, i have seen them show some emotion / disappointment but never anything that would cause me to think they were entirely emotionally imbalanced!
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

mtbr member
    This was at the Belgian national championship. He was upset because his chain dropped twice at the last round and he unclipped during the final sprint, rendering him second. I guess such rage can be attributed to post-race adrenaline, especially after a sketchy sprint.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whybotherme View Post
    my guess is that whatever those dudes are taking to go faster on the bike is effing up their hormone balance enough that they can no longer control their emotions.

i am glad we don't have our top pros throwing tantrums in public after a race, i have seen them show some emotion / disappointment but never anything that would cause me to think they were entirely emotionally imbalanced!
    I know of a current US National Pro, at a local race, got 2nd and proceeded to punch and kick the ground like an infant for 15 minutes after the loss. It is not as uncommon as everyone thinks.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post
    I know of a current US National Pro, at a local race, got 2nd and proceeded to punch and kick the ground like an infant for 15 minutes after the loss. It is not as uncommon as everyone thinks.
    Hmm. Pretty uncommon in these parts. Not saying that it won't/can't/has not happened, but I can guarantee that if it does, it will be a conversation piece for the following three seasons.

I feel bad for the guy crying in the video. Clearly he has invested tons of hours and clearly the outcome was not as planned. Also, he is totally unaware that his actions are about to go viral across the universe. I think there are small children in Fiji watching this and having a laugh.

His response was just odd for a grown man in my opinion. It is one thing to react with tears, but another to be a prick to those trying to console him. Meh.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I knew a guy who was prone to tantrums after races when he had a bad result. He was otherwise a good guy but I guess he just put all his emotional energy into his racing and sometimes he couldn't restrain himself.

I try not to judge or mock people, especially when they are down. You don't know what another person has done or seen or where they have been.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    I knew a guy who was prone to tantrums after races when he had a bad result. He was otherwise a good guy but I guess he just put all his emotional energy into his racing and sometimes he couldn't restrain himself.

I try not to judge or mock people, especially when they are down. You don't know what another person has done or seen or where they have been.
    +1

Also, I think that the modern 'net phenomena, of having 1000s of people watching and mocking something like this, is at least as weird a phenomena as the guy freaking out in the first place. I'd rather keep things positive, or ride my bike, than waste time spectating someone else's emotional crisis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast