a.k.a. BicycleKicks

Anyone using the Performance/Forte CTR carbon riser bar?

After just purchasing and mounting a Monkeylite EC90 SL low-rise (3/4") carbon bar, I realized I need more rise . I'm one of those people with a fairly long inseam and even on a large frame a low-rise bar is too far below the saddle for my personal comfort.

I bought the Monkeylite at Performance and while there noticed the Forte house brand bar. I was actually very impressed with the look and finish of it... it didn't even have Forte or Performance plastered all over it. It was pretty much just a nice looking carbon bar that I would have no shame in riding (yes, I tend to be bling oriented ).

The rise of the Forte bar is 1.75" which is a bit high, but I can rearrange a stem spacer or two to fine tune the height.

However, looking at the bar it looks like a lot of the rise comes from angling the ends up a bit rather than getting all of the rise from making the "U" larger in the middle of the bar. I'm wondering if this would be odd feeling while riding.

Has anyone tried one and can you comment on how it has worked for you or how it compares to the feel of other riser bars? I'd hate to drop some more coin on another new bar and find out I don't like it.

edit: here's the link...
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5250
    I read that on the internet.

mtbr member

I've tried them

I like mine, cheap and light. Seems to take a pretty good beating, I weigh ~260 w/ pack. The finish is kinda thin, I have a few cuts in mine, actually have a brand new one to replace when it looks like it needs replaced. For $47 you can't really go wrong.
    Gravy

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    FYI... I just went to Performance during my lunch break. While those bars are very nice, they are not the size as claimed on the website or even on the box. The website says 610mm x 1.75" rise. The box says 670mm x 1.75" rise. I brought my old Truvativ XR low-rise bar with me to compare and found that the rise of the Performance CTR bar is actually only 1", not 1.75". The width of it is 670mm, not 610mm.

So while they are great looking bars, they won't work for me.

I suppose I'll end up buying the FSA K-force 40mm riser... that's about the only high-rise carbon bar I could find for a 25.4mm stem clamp. More options are available for 31.8mm clamps... FSA, Race Face, Truvativ, and Bontrager for example.
    I read that on the internet.