mtbr member

Anyone try that Propel fitness water?

Just curious, I read the label and it kind of looks like Gatorade Lite according to its nutritional facts.
    Wondering if it tastes OK and whether it would be better to use in a camelbak instead of a gatorade cut by water.

Thanks.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    I've tasted the Propel and prefer Gatorade. Don't know about it's nutritional value though but recently read Gatorade is supposed to be the "perfect" mix of electrolytes and carbs (something like 6 to 7 percent). Plus, it's really cheap if you buy the powder and just throw a scoop in your camelbak.

Tonight we ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider
    Just curious, I read the label and it kind of looks like Gatorade Lite according to its nutritional facts.
    Wondering if it tastes OK and whether it would be better to use in a camelbak instead of a gatorade cut by water.

Thanks.

Lou.
    I like it, especially the cherry and orange flavors. Good taste without being overly strong or sweet.

But I just drink it as a soft drink substitute, I wouldn't put it in my hydration pack or use it as it's marketed. A large part of the cost is the bottle it comes in (IMO). I'd stick with Gatorade powder, many times less expensive and you can make it as weak or strong as you need.

mtbr member
    Gatorade powder is better for you than the premixed because the powder uses real sugar(glucose)vs. high fructose corn syrup in the premix. the body does not utilise corn syrup like glucose so its like drinking a soda for the energy. I use propel in my water pack(1/2 water,1/2 propel) and it does not make me tired like Gatorade does (sugar rushs wear off). It actually helps me have more endurance than just water or Gatorade(I think its the vitamin B) I can get a 1 liter bottle for les than a dollar @walmart so I drink it when riding.sometimes I even do 1/2 propel and 1/2 ice cubes if its real hot.thats my favorite combo. my favorite flavor is the strawberrykiwi as it is not so overpowering in flavor. if I want Koolaid I'll make Koolaid

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE LEMON FLAVOR
    isht is terrible...
    i think all the flavors taste chemical.
    Take a vitamin and drink plain water.
    cheaper, tastes better