mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Anyone racing an XPREZO Sub 5?

I'm looking for some first hand user experience with the Sub 5 from other XC racers out there. I'm in need of a new race bike for next season and the Canadian made, non-carbon, and lightweight features of this bike are very appealing to me. I may be old school with my preference for 26", but I'm OK with that!

I wonder how it rides, though. Do racers need a lockout for the rear shock with this frame? Does it climb as well as it descends? There are very few reviews of this bike online.

I tried asking this question in the Canadian Bikes forum with no luck.

Thanks

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    One of my athletes has ridden for Xprezo for the past three or four years (actually three of them but the girls are on hardtails). The sub-5s have been a very good bike for him. The are durable and the suspension works as good as anything out there. He usually races with a pro-pedal setting of one.

The only thing you have to be aware of is he had a part in developing the geometry. He has superb technical skill, one of the best in the world, and likes a very aggressive set-up. If you put a rock-shox on it the bike will be very steep, a fox fork sits a bit taller and might tame the bike a bit.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks for the reply.

It really looks like an awesome bike and I'm thinking the aggressive setup will suit me well. I'm surprised they're not more popular amongst racers. Guess I better make a trip to try one out ASAP!