Thread: After the race?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

After the race?

After a race do you prefer to just pack up and go or would you like to see someone offering something to eat/drink and a little relaxation. I have only been to a couple series races and at each one after the racers were done everything just sort of died. Most of the people left at the very end had a connection to those in the podium positions.

What would keep you around for awhile after the race?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Free food after the awarding ceremony.

bi-winning
    I race sport, and the Experts and Elites race after. I like to stick around and watch the races, cheer on friends, and talk to other sport racers about how their race went for them. I like to not be starving when doing this, so if there is a BBQ with some burgers being offered at a reasonable price, I often take advantage of that.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    We just had one last weekend that had a bbq set up for the racers as soon as we all finished. Definitely adds something to the race and picks up the pace (not to mention spirits) on the last lap of a wet, cold race.

All is free every year to all participants, friends, and family. Definitely my favorite of the local races.

Dirty South Underdog
    Keg full of a local beer
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio