Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

7 day business trip. How to keep fitness.

796 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  127.0.0.1 
#1 ·
Hey there,

am already deep in the 2014 training although I do travel quite a lot for business but I was always able to have only 2 days off max per week and things were going as planned. Average TSS/week is around 800 these days.

However next week I will be away for full 7 days on a trip and bringing a bike is out of question so I will have to go to the Gym.

What would be the best workout schedule to retain my current fitness and TSS. I doubt I can run enough to reach 800TSS. How are you guys doing it?

Thanks

#2 ·
If possible, have that be a recovery week so you don't need to hit 800. Then hope they have exercise bikes. It's hard to get in fitness through running if you're not already accustomed to running. Do you run currently? Nail your core workouts that week too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#5 ·
With these trips I often "overreach" the week before and use the trip for recovery. I still hit the gym in the hotel but only for easy workouts. If I'm gone of an entire week im often overseas. With all the time lag related problems I'd rather avoid high intensity workouts (and I'm not an indoor training guy anyway)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.