Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Race bikes

39K views 126 replies 69 participants last post by  pulser 
#1 ·
Post up! I'm trying to gather ideas for my bike situation next year. Would love to see some XC and shorter endurance race bikes here.

#5 ·
I built this for racing in 2013. I had ordered a Superfly 100 SL but got my deposit back when the shipping date got pushed back past out entire race season. I put it together with a mix of parts some new some old to get started. Now I'm going to start with the XX1 a piece at a time.

#27 ·
Carbon to aluminum for me as well for 2013. I won't have my frame for a month or two still but I am excited to ride and show it off! Plans are underway to make certain it is stupid-light yet reliable... not to mention fast and sexy...

That Spearfish is really nice. Enjoy riding the crap out of that thing.

#26 · (Edited)
Rigid SS AL:
2013 Cannondale F29 Alloy 1 frame
Salsa Grande Maxle Fork
Stans Flows (I'm a bigger guy 220lbs) on Paul with Eno Trails 18t and Hope front
Maxxis Ikons 29x2.2
TeamBEER ebb (this is the BEST piece)
Shimano XT brakeset w/ 160mm ice tech rotors
Bontrager Carbon Big Sweep
Ergon Mag grips with barends

Looking at a Niner Arctic White RDO fork to shed about 1.3lbs and I already have the 15mm end caps :D I am also going to go a 34t up front vs the 32t currently being used.

I have not weight this yet but it by feel alone is considerably lighter then my On-One Inbred with roughly the same bits. I think the frame was almost 5lbs on it's own (maybe more). I just have a crap pic of it now but will get some better ones once I've settled it in.

#39 ·
This site kills me in January and February (Winter here in WI). But it also keeps me motivated to train for spring.

My first 29er and I cant wait to put it to the test. New before my first race (May) will be XO Triggers, tires (Aspen), front XO derailuer and King Headset.

Attachments

#40 ·
Get some 2.4" tires at 12 PSI on that thing and hit the snowmobile trails! I was back over the holidays, had some great riding on snowmobile trails, frozen lakes in Northern WI. I also rode some clear and frozen mountain bike trails down in the Chicago area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.