I'm looking for some riders, who race Sport XC/DH or higher, to test a MTB specific strength training idea that I have. I want to clear out the clutter of the ungodly amount of workout information that exists that cyclists have to sift through. Most of which doesn't involve movements/modalities that improve what the body does when it rides.

Without giving to much away, the program is designed to increase flexibility, balance and the connection of the arms and the legs through the trunk to maximize force production in the saddle.

The exercises will mimick pretty closely what life on a MTB looks like to get as much carry over and specificity of training as possible.

The 60 minute program will take place at my facility in Mtn View (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=inte...00372%40N01/0), but realistically starting the week of May 12. The cost is free, I just need 1-3 (I need even numbers for partner work) more people for this to work. If this goes the way I think it will, it will turn into a regular group session. There would probably even be a "friends of Francois" discount!

You will be tested on day one, and again at the end to see how far your strength gains came. I'm also trying to workout some type of field test component on the bike.

Possibly Quinnhill Rd in Los Altos (about 17% and 130' of elevation gain. An extremely fit rider can get up in about 30 seconds). We'd select a gear ratio for the first test day, and use that same ratio after four weeks to see the improvement. You'd take three trips up, and take average of the three times as the baseline.

To give you an idea of the effectiveness of what I want to do, one of the moms that I train (42-year-old) did 20 more pushups for her May testing than she did in April. Valid pushups were the elbows getting to at least a 90 degree angle.

If you are interested, please send an email to info@integratefitness.com, and I'll get you the schedule.

Thanks!