mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Would it be offensive??

I tend to wear my riding bruises as badges of honor. However, the accusatory looks my husband gets is off putting. We thought about making me a t-shirt that says "Victim of Mountain Biking" to explain the bruises without telling every single person we see. Do you think this would be offensive to victims of domestic violence?

pin it
    I don't know if a t-shirt will be enough explain the marks of mtb adventure and living life passionately.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member

Would it be offensive??

I have no worries. My wife shows everybody her injuries and brags about how she got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by motofix View Post
    I could see how some may be offended by making lite of people who are victims of domestic violence. I would guess you would never know if it did offend them. I would stay clear of that one. Besides, victims don't want bruises.

How about "I love mountain biking, even when it doesn't love me" or "Mountain bike crash test dummy" (not calling you dummy) or "Mountain bike mood ring, mostly tan some times black and blue" I think most people would get the jest of it. That is all I can think of right now.
    I would buy any of those shirts.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I had the same problem when I went to the doctor for a checkup. She saw my legs and got a really concerned look on her face and asked if I needed to talk to her about anything. It took me a second to remember about my banana legs. I said Oh No, no no! I mountain bike! I don't think she believed me until I told her where I ride. I had to promise her that it wasn't from my boyfriend.