mtbr member

Woman's only bike camps.

Could we put together a list of woman only bike camps. This way boys can buy biking lessons for their girls, and girls will know where to go to learn and they can get away from the "if you aren't crashing you aren't going fast enough:" attitude of guys. I will start.

Mountain Bike School, Mountain Bike Camps, coaching by Betterride
    Has woman's only camps.
    Ray'sMTB
    Has woman's only weekend with the added benefit of Friday being free

Add to the list and pipe up if you have been to an event/course and what you thought of it.
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Check out the latest issue of Bike mag. Nice write up on womens classes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Highland does a "Womans weekend" October 13-14th with different skill level classes.
    Mountain Creek has a few Sundays of womans days w/classes as well.

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    Joyride 150 has a Women's Weekend that is a BLAST!!
    Women’s Weekend – Joyride 150

Team Chilidog!
    Luna chix has some too.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    May 2005
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Check out the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic. It's typically held in mid-June in Brown County State Park, Nashville, Indiana. As the name suggest, it's primarily geared for women, but there are separate clinics for men and kids, too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    There is a women's day long skills clinic prior to Outerbike in Moab, UT in October. Looks like something I might be getting the wife to participate in while I ride the Whole Enchilada.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was going to suggest the Trek Dirt Series camp...and Sacred Rides has a girls-only camp.

I just did a co-ed Sacred Rides camp, but our instructor does the girls only clinics for Trek and Sacred Rides. She (Johanna) was amazing - and I got a lot out of the instruction she provided. I would totally sign up for another ride/clinic with her.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Indysteel View Post
    Check out the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic. It's typically held in mid-June in Brown County State Park, Nashville, Indiana. As the name suggest, it's primarily geared for women, but there are separate clinics for men and kids, too.
    The men's clinic was just for 2011. Still doing the kids clinic, I think it is a half day.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    The men's clinic was just for 2011. Still doing the kids clinic, I think it is a half day.
    I didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Elk River Touring Center in WV (near snowshoe) has a women's weekend.

I attended one about 12 years ago.. and it was a LOT of fun. I had been riding for a few months with my (ex) husband.. and found it really refreshing to ride with a group of women. They did a little skills testing on the first day to see where we all stood. I was absolutely floored that I ended up in the higher level group!.. guess chasing after the boys made me better..lol. They don't suggest the trip for real beginner riders.. but it was a fun challenging trip for someone who had been on a bike for a little while... and had some pretty basic skills. I did things on that weekend that I never would have tried on my own.. that is for sure! I am just getting back into riding after taking a while off.. and maybe next year I can make that weekend myself again.. it was pretty awesome... and the food is really good too!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Whiteface mountain and Plattekill in New York both offer day-long women's downhill clinics each summer. You can check their schedule of events. I think they're both done with clinics for this year, though.

Also, check through your local mountain biking club to see if they offer anything, or if you're in a more rural area, check the clubs of cities within an hour or two of you. My club (Cycle-CNY, for anyone in central NY) offers beginner and intermediate/advanced level clinics for women each summer. We held an advanced men's clinic this past August, too.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Devine Ride, Rossland BC every spring. This camp is run by Cindy Devine, the first woman inducted into the Mtb hall of fame. Many of her coaches also coach for Dirt Series and IMBC. The date is end of May every year.
    http://devineride.yolasite.com/

mtbr member
    Check out Dirt Rock n Root Training on Facebook. Kathi is the one who does a lot of the clinics at Whiteface and Plattekill. She's a former masters DH World Champion and she's eager to get women more confident on the bike.

Super Ginger
    Feb 2008
    Trek Dirt Series: Mountain Bike Camps, Clinics & Instruction. Women's Only and Co-ed, based in Whistler, BC I second the vote for the Dirt Series camps.
    I have attended two, and they are the best!
    2013 Jamis XCT 650b Pro
    2012 Jamis D29 Pro
    2011 Jamis Xenith SL

mtbr member
    Mountain Creek in NJ had 3 women's weekend this past season. and they are planing on having more next season.
    Here's a recap from the first women's day.
    Women's Ride Days at Mountain Creek Bike Park - YouTube

Tailwind Nutrition
    Nov 2012
    SheRide hosts mountainbiking camps in Durango and Crested Butte, CO.
    Tailwind Nutrition
    www.tailwindnutrition.com
    www.facebook.com/tailwindnutrition
    Twitter: @gotailwind