Moderator Moderator

Woman MTB'r Carries the Torch

Am I the only one who missed this news? Tracy Mosley with the Olympic Torch...
    from tracymosley.com
    The racing itself was almost overshadowed for me by another event that really was a once in a life time opportunity. The Olympic Torch was passing through Fort William on the Saturday and I had the honour of being chosen to carry the torch down part of the downhill course. I didn’t however realise that it was going to be an official torch as I had been told it was just a mini one to take up the hill ! It was an absolutely incredible experience to have the Olympic flame in my hand, riding my bike in a location that has been so good to me and given me so much success over the years. It couldn’t have been a more fitting place for me that get this opportunity. It also I hope showcased our sport and even though not included in the Olympics, downhill mountain biking for a short moment was in the eye of the world’s Media as the Olympic flame travels around the UK.

pix from POC FB page & tracymosley.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woman MTB'r Carries the Torch-torch1.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Don't worry, be happy!
    wow!

mtbr member
    very cool!

Gnarly
    Quite an honour to carry the olympic torch! and bringing attention to female mtnbkrs

cool
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ugh so cool, dang you NBC coverage!