mtbr member

Wicking jersey now comes in "slime"

Check it out! EMS is having a sale, and in their marketing brilliance, they're offering these crew-neck jerseys (shirts? blouses?) TOPS - OK, they're crew-neck tops in four colors.
    COSMOS
    GRANITE
    SLIME
    BLUE STREAK

Of course we all know which color of the rainbow is represented by the description "cosmos"...

crew neck tops

slime green

It was just too unusual not to pass along.

-sunny
    waiting for the fuzzy sweater in "HAIRBALL"...

here today
    Bummer - the guy stuff is sinfully ugly

but I liked this "Holofiber modifies visible and invisible light to oxygenate your cells, increasing the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream."

old fart cyclist

The Other F Word
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyracegirl
    Of course we all know which color of the rainbow is represented by the description "cosmos"...
    Sounds like the same people who design paint colors. Colors currently in my house: Buttered waffle, Melanie, Alaska. eyeroll, yeah.

gabrielle

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    Bummer - the guy stuff is sinfully ugly

but I liked this "Holofiber modifies visible and invisible light to oxygenate your cells, increasing the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream."

Technical obsfucation, I love it. Is the technology patented by NASA?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Check it out! EMS is having a sale, and in their marketing brilliance, they're offering these crew-neck jerseys (shirts? blouses?) TOPS - OK, they're crew-neck tops in four colors.
    COSMOS
    GRANITE
    SLIME
    BLUE STREAK

-sunny
    The names may be strange but the colors are good! I have some Sporthill clothes in the same green.

"Hairball" may be nice. I am waiting for "Phlegm." Maybe a "Slime" long sleeve with "Phlegm" cuffs.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Bike Matron
    Jul 2004

I like it!

Only a cyclist would think that up--it is the color of Slime that you put in bike tires to keep from flatting -- back before Stan's. So, maybe a biker kind of in-joke, eh?

I'm living with Exquisite Ivory and Beach Glass in my house.
    I noticed that Lands's End maintains a very down-to-earth mid-Western slant and sensibly uses the names of colors, but modified by words like soft, ocean, deep, imperial, harvest, & pacific, as well as the old stand bys: light & dark!
    J.Jill is going out on a limb (so to speak) with earthy notes: bramble, bark, vicuna, doe, sand dune & shale.

I guess we wouldn't buy it if it was something like excreta, hernia, bilious, scab, bladder or smear unless it was some kind of serious punk wear.

Psycho Sketchy

The slime I get...

but the Cosmos is way off my "assumption". I would have figured a blue or gray like the cosmos. Not an earthy red color. You know what they say about assuming!
    a bad day of riding is better than a good day of golfing...

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    COSMOS
    GRANITE
    SLIME
    BLUE STREAK

crew neck tops

slime green

-sunny
    Ah, EMS! One of my three favorite designers, along with REI and LLBean. Check out the "Gunk" jacket at EMS, if it's on the website. It's a nice Scholler fabric softshell with pit zips, and my local EMS (LEMS?) had them on sale for 40% off. And I had a coupon..... Just the ticket for the weather that's coming up, so I can stay warm and dry and still play outside.

I have two cats, so any fuzzy sweater I own automatically comes in "hairball".

Kathy ;^P
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

life is a barrel o'fun
    "Holofiber modifies visible and invisible light to oxygenate your cells, increasing the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream."

They ARE joking, right??
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

L1MEY
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    I have two cats, so any fuzzy sweater I own automatically comes in "hairball".
    Me too! One cat is black and the other is orange, so no matter what colour clothing I wear it has visible hair if the cats decide to use me as a couch

- Jen.
    - Jen.

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    "Holofiber modifies visible and invisible light to oxygenate your cells, increasing the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream."

They ARE joking, right??
    Yeah, I was wondering how fabric was going to help me breath through my skin.....

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

since 4/10/2009
    Hell, I WORK at EMS, and I still don't know what to make of that stuff. The product literature we have to work from is pretty vague on how it works, too. Only one of the people I work with actually owns the stuff. He wears it while running, and says he thinks he's noticed an improvement in that he feels less fatigued after a run. I think that may well just be wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Yeah, I was wondering how fabric was going to help me breath through my skin.....

Kathy :^)

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine

They ARE joking, right??
    it's called Technical Obsfucation. It's deliberate: if we make it sound cool, then maybe it is. I ran this particular quote by one of my tech fabric gurus, and his comment was something along the lines of

meaning, they can say anything they want to sell stuff. At least they didn't mention NASA at the same time.

~f.
    Last edited by formica; 11-30-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0