Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Who else is spending the winter upgrading bikes?

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  kmoodymz3 
#1 ·
God I hope I don't get sick of pink anytime soon. You guys probably remember my pink SS with the pink CK hubs...

I went into work a few weeks ago and one of my co-workers (who I also race DH with) said he just sent me an email of something I would be buying on Ebay. And I said, NO WAY. I'm still building my Syren, have no more bike budget, yada yada.... And then I opened it up and bought a new set of rims. So far I went and got the front one built (of course they're 36H and my old front wheel was a 32, so I had to get a new Hadley front hub to go on it. Luckily my rear has a 36H Hadley, so I just have to scavenge that off my old beat up wheel....)

Anyway, these are going on my DH bike, which is getting repainted. I'm thinking white with pink flake (sparkle) will go with these nicely:

What have you bought for your bike(s) lately??

See less See more
#2 ·
My poor bikes have been beat up this winter. I've abused them in the snow and cold, taken them down to AZ on the back of a car, and I haven't even given them anything but a little bit of lube. This weekend the poor ss will have to put in the miles and probably won't get much of anything in return.

#3 ·
There should probably be a quarantine zone around our garage, in order to prevent the spread of upgradeitis. Seasons seem to have little effect on the rate of infection for JMH and I.

#8 ·
heather@thebakkers.com said:
Okay, who makes them and how much? They would look killer on my uzzi!
They are Sun MTX rims. Apparently they're not selling the pink camo in the US. But I've seen them in a handful of UK and Aussie shops online, and I got these on ebay. They ended up being about $60 each. And then I bought a new front Hadley hub to keep my old front wheel as a spare. It's ending up not being a particularly cheap upgrade, but I guess with all the dings and bent spokes I had, it was time.

#13 ·
Ah, I am smiling from ear to ear. I needed a good laugh and if it makes me smile I'm happy! I like 'em! I wonder if they make them in blue and silver. My new upgrades:
* Chris King headset
* 2008 Deore XT B/B, Chain rings and Crank arms

#18 ·
jaclynj said:
do you like the 5050s? I'm thinking about ordering some for my new bike.
I love them. They come with several types of replaceable pins and the spacing and grip is excellent, and there are spaces to add even more pins if you want them. Not to mention they look sweet and the replaceable plates let you make different color combinations. I've been really happy with them and at this point between myself and my husband, we have 4 pairs.

#19 ·
Winter upgrades!

Code brakes with straitline levers
Grips
Pink end caps
Custom top cap w/pink bolt
Pink chainring bolts
Pink headset spacers
Can't wait for May!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.