Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieChik View Post
    Woohoo~! Two small victories:

1. I tackled a couple of skinnies and dominated them! (I have skinny-anxiety). I just decided that dammit if the two guys ahead of me could do it, I could do it.

2. I went on my first group ride. Yep, I was the slowest and most out of shape person, but I didn't humiliate myself. I'm going out alone today for some sprints/conditioning to help get better for the next one.
    Way to go PixieChik!! Thats a similar attitude that i'm trying to adopt....I'm so used to biking alone because I didn't want to slow anyone down and only seemed to meet friendly, but fast and intimidating riders. I also didn't want to get injured riding by myself trying a jump or a rockgarden at a decent speed. I always opted out of the harder descents or burned the brakes downhill. Until I moved and started biking with some other people, I didn't know how to handle the technical aspects until I saw people in front of me do it and then I was faced with the same challenge. Youtube videos can only teach you so much : )

I also always choose to dismount left. New goal: ride a log and dismount right
    If its not a bumpy ride, I'm not interested.

pin it
    I am working at speed and cornering, as well as control when landing bigger jumps and drops. Getting better at dh technical has made me a stronger xc rider. Hill climbing is geting easier in platforms.

The local dh parks are opening soon so I am excited to test my skills again.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Serenity now!
    I've gone on several group rides now, and I get a little faster and better with each ride. Even when I'm alone I'm more likely to tackle challenges, such as hills I had previously assumed I couldn't ride up.

I am going to make a trip to the nearest downhill park and hire a coach for the day to work on the DH technical. Can't wait!

Serenity now!
    Bump

Hooked
    Was trying to remember my goals for 2012 as I think about 2013. Bumping this up in case anyone else wondering same.
    My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

Instagram, Twitter you'll find me as beerbikegirl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3