Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Used Downhill bike 4 sale?

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  dogonfr 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a used downhill bike they want to sell? I would need a man's small. Please keep your ears peeled if you hear of anything.

Thanks!

#4 ·
cyberdivachick said:
Does anyone have a used downhill bike they want to sell? I would need a man's small. Please keep your ears peeled if you hear of anything.

Thanks!
I have a medium bullit, with probably 5 rides on it. I bought is about a year ago and it is kind of small for me. I am 5'11 and it is cramped. PM me and I will send you more info if your interested.

#9 ·
No, I don't race, I am just a beginner at down hilling. More of a xcross rider, but want a downhill bike to join in on the downhill rides when I get invited. I do shuttle rides only about a dozen times a year if that. I rode a Kona Stinky primo in Whistler and just loved it. I am guessing 7 or 8 inches of travel?

#10 ·
hi c.d.c-
don't have a frame (sorry) but I am kinda curious about getting a bigger travel bike too. Since it's the end of the season, some more of these types of bikes are showing up in the classified now. (there's a small intense socom in mtbr now)

Don't know if it's a passing phase or what, but these bikes that I thought were so overkill in the past are starting to look fun to me. So I know I don't need one, (have a 5 inch bike that I really like) but always wondered how a bigger bike would ride at whistler and such. Some of the other gals on bigger bikes go so much faster than me. I like the looks of the transition syren (but it's only 6") and wonder if a FR bike is better than a real DH bike for the recreational rider who is still learning jumping and stuff. Any DH gals out there who can give input? Figured it's along the same lines so I hope this question isn't derailling your thread.

julie

#11 ·
#14 ·
cyberdivachick said:
No, I don't race, I am just a beginner at down hilling. More of a xcross rider, but want a downhill bike to join in on the downhill rides when I get invited. I do shuttle rides only about a dozen times a year if that. I rode a Kona Stinky primo in Whistler and just loved it. I am guessing 7 or 8 inches of travel?
This is not easy, what about X-posting to the DH/FR forum??:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.