mtbr member
    Feb 2011

trek X-Caliber WSD 29er

Hey ladies. Anyone ride a trek x caliber? I took one out for a test ride today and I really enjoyed it.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm curious about this as well. Anybody?

I've been researching options for my g/f for the last couple of weeks. Typical story, she's finally bored with the gravel trails and wants to ride some harder terrain. I want this to be enjoying for her and do not want to drag her into scenarios that are over her head. I realize the X-caliber is A LOT of bike for her skill level, however, it is an investment we are willing to make.

We began our search with the Specialized Hardrock 29er WSD. I wasn't crazy about some of the components and started leaning towards the Myka with higher shimano components and a better front fork.

Same battle with Trek. Mamba WSD 29 vs more expensive X-Caliber. I'm feeling sold on Trek with the Gary Fisher design and speaking with a few friends. Obviously she needs to get on them and ride them to determine the best. She's about 5'4" so I liked the smaller 14.5" frame of the Treks as well. As of now my choice is the Mamba. I think it's the best bang for the buck but she doesn't like the pink, go figure!

Any help and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Two of my riding buddies just bought the X-calibers earlier this year. They really love them!! My one friend trail demo'd a bunch of 29ers, and the X-Caliber is the one she ultimately chose. (and I agree w/ your g/f, that pink Mamba is horrid )