Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Moderator Moderator
    ^^Nice! That is a lot of climbing!

Two rides so far on the new bike. The first one was the day after a hailstorm, and it looked like a Cuisinart had gone through the tree canopy - shredded leaves everywhere.

Today's Pic or Story-php.jpg

Took the dog today, he matches.

Today's Pic or Story-p1040152-small-2-1024x768-1024x768-.jpg

Don't worry, be happy!
    Our womens' rides are an unqualified success. We are having lots of gals show up, from the racer chicks to newbies. There is nothing like watching the Lady Train snaking up the trail...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Pic or Story-10296058_10152504509268685_3686905576269283606_o.jpg  

Today's Pic or Story-10359232_10152504510183685_207620346574581925_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Today was so hot in my work truck/station. The thermometer inside said 97 deg F with almost no wind. If there was an up side it would be that my diet is a lot more effective when I have no urge to snack/eat heavy in the heat.

After getting out a little before sunset, trails were calling so I donned my suit(thank goodness for breathable fabrics instead of work jeans Central park along the Connestoga river. Close enough to be on the way home without being significantly out of the way. In the woods it was a chilly(as if) 77 deg. Wooo hooo

Today's Pic or Story-image0184.jpg
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    Today's Pic or Story-image0190.jpg

I was tempted when work finished early to go jump in the lake(which has a nice sand beach on the one side), but stuck to riding Did 10.5 miles of fire road and rail trail, then went back up to the top of the mountain to the car. Fwew that was a hard hill, lol.

Then My S.O called and suggested I ride down to meet for dinner... another 10 miles away. If only that was every Friday
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

Don't worry, be happy!
    I did two rides this weekend with my hubby. He's had a bum knee since ski season so this was a test. Yesterday's went well enough that we went back for more today, this time at our favorite techhy area. For all of you with SOs, you know some days are great and some are not. We had a great day... He took some pics of me ( aww)

Today's Pic or Story-img_1941-edit.jpg

Today's Pic or Story-img_1940-edit.jpg

Sorry this one isn't better. I had to adjust it a lot as it was in the shadow.

Today's Pic or Story-img_1937-edits2.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice shots I know how those knees can be. Only thing that keeps mine moving and relatively pain free is riding trails. Now to just get the carpal tunnel figured out...
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

Moderator Moderator
    Great contributions, all. Cross post from the commuter forum...

Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    I pressed the commuter into shuttle service for my paddle today. 8 miles by river, 4 by road to return to the put in and car. This is in the Northeast Kingdom, north of Kingdom Trails by 20+ miles. Worked like a charm, the beaver dams were more challenging than the bike shuttle. I locked the bike at the downstream take out and then locked the kayak after the paddle until I returned with the car.
    Today's Pic or Story-bikeshuttle-1024x768-.jpgToday's Pic or Story-bikelocked-768x1024-.jpgToday's Pic or Story-kayaklocked.jpgToday's Pic or Story-beaverdam.jpgToday's Pic or Story-nulheganstart.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Great contributions, all. Cross post from the commuter forum...
    That's so cool! Yeah, love using my commuter (cargo bike) to do errands and stuff.

Moderator Moderator
    Me and Keeper at Millstone today...before the fawn. That turned out OK too. Also before I realized I locked 2 sets of keys in the car - DOH!

Don't worry, be happy!
    Today's story: I learned to jump this weekend!!!
    I had pretty much given up, and made the decision to keep my wheels on the ground as all I've done over the years is hurt myself.

One of my new riding pals convinced me to go to the Sugar Showdown in Seattle this weekend, and I am so glad I did. It cracked me up to be a biker with 10+ years of riding but zero experience jumping but there you have it.

Kat Sweet and her coaches are amazing. I do really well in that kind of environment... breaking it into little pieces and building on progressions. Short version of the weekend is that I learned how to do drops and tabletops. I flew! I think the biggest drop I did was about 2.5'! Not huge but hey it's a drop! We also did tabletops, wall rides....Duthie park is set up as a learning park so it was the perfect place for an event like this.

A big pat on the back to me.... Lots of successes. I may not have been the raddest novice but I was off the ground successfully doing all new stuff to me... Whoo hoo. I wish there was a pic of me on the biggest drop I did but one hasn't surfaced yet.

I really need to learn how to add more "punch" to my preload but that's a different thread.

mtbr member
    Kudos! I've never gotten past 2.5 ft but with growing up with friends who were into crazy free-riding it made it almost mandatory to try a little. It's kinda funny though, now that age has caught up a bit I look back and think what we did was crazy. LOL The craziest one was the plank see-saw. If you ever get the chance they are a hoot but all in your mind
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    Awesome ride last night with the hubby! No pic sorry. We had to haul butt to beat the rainstorm - got caught it in the last 30 mins of ride.
    It was the best I've felt on my bike since I started riding again (late last year). I did awesome and everything just clicked. I went WAY faster than my last few rides and my legs felt great the whole time. Not sure if it was just a nutrition thing or what but it was an amazing ride.
    We ran almost smack into a family of 4 skunks on the trail. Thank goodness they didn't spray us. Then a deer jumped out in front of me and scared me to death. Once the rain and thunder started I went even faster. Kind of scary because the trail got really dark.
    FUN STUFF though and can't wait to get out there again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Today's Pic or Story-nighttime.jpg

I hit the trails with five other ladies for my very first night ride on wednesday night - the coldest night of the year so far!
    Had a fantastic time trying to recognise trails in the dark that I have ridden hundreds of times before - so glad I wore my wooly gloves and longs!

Don't worry, be happy!
    So here are some pics from the Sugar Showdown

The littlest of the Three Little Pigs
    Today's Pic or Story-10502045_10154352261490080_2969749965827949392_n.jpg

First tabletop ever... now I have to work on how to get (more) air off these things.
    Today's Pic or Story-img_9047.jpg

I need to remember that this is FUN and not to be so fricken serious
    Today's Pic or Story-img_9143.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    Cool pix, Formica! Congrats on the jumping.

The night ride looks like a blast, Asterope!

Team Chilidog!
    Great job, and those are some great pics.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Don't worry, be happy!
    There was so much media there - a handful of pro photographers plus video people. Many of the photos were made available but you have to scroll though hundreds to find yourself.

Don't worry, be happy!
    I did some exploring this weekend. I finally found some trails in an area that DH likes to go for whitewater boating. Now I've got something to do besides being shuttle bunny.

There was some of this

and some of this

and on one trail, a whole lot of this:
    Last edited by formica; 2 Days Ago at 08:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Looks like you found the trail less traveled, Formica!

Team Chilidog!
    Lovely weekend at Wilder Ranch. Rocks rock my world.

MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9