Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by petey15 View Post
    So jealous!! Next year, I'm getting one of those. I miss being out on the bike. With the thaw that is happening now, I'm hoping to get back out on the bike this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed
    Oh yes, the fatbike is a must have if you have snomobile trails! And it looks like a real January thaw this winter too. Have fun and watch out for ice patches if there are any left by then. If we get a good freeze afterward, a regular MTB will work on the snomo trails as well, especially if you have studded tires.

Moderator Moderator
    For the love of winter - fatbike singletrack at 10F!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Pic or Story-p1010006-800x600-2-.jpg  

see me rollin, they hatin
    so many freezes and thaws in the northeast. Still, this is my first winter riding and i'm so happy to get out! we have some easy trails very close to my house that are good for night and winter cruises with friends. Lately the canal and ponds have been frozen so navigating them on studs has been fun.

fap

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Looks fun out there. Hope some snow survives this rain.

pin it
    Weather here in southern Ontario has been variable. The window of opportunity for ice biking is narrow so we had to jump at the chance following a period of deep freeze temps. For this ride the ice was several inches thick and this made riding ideal

I love the sights and sounds of the ice. Note in some of the pics, the paw prints of critters using the frozen river as a highway!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

~*~*~*~*~
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post

Russell Mill?

mtbr member
    Awesome thread! I love all the photos and stories of everyone out riding in the cold and the snow! We've had such a mild winter and have ridden some awesome (new to us) trails in the last two months (of course the tradeoff is awful snowboarding conditions - we've only been out once this season). We might be in Sedona/Flagstaff this weekend (boyfriend is buying a FS bike in Flag - good excuse to get in some rides), so I'll post up a pic or two next week.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbroad View Post
    Russell Mill?
    yes!
    fap

pin it
    More perfect conditions for ice biking

4 riders head out

Some slushy sections but the river is frozen thick

Studded tires are handy for those slick spots

Took a rest

Built a fire

Warmed up. Saddle up

Look up in that tree

shhhhh! they're sleeping

Posing by the old bridge

Great day...time to head back

Big push up
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Due to slightly warmer temps here in upstate NY, I was able to hit the trails the last three days in a row! Couldn't believe how great it felt to be out riding again. We had a group of 8 go out and tear up the trails around our college..can't wait for better weather and more riding.

This picture was taken at "Strawberry Fields" behind Hartwick college in Oneonta.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Pic or Story-mountainbiking.jpg  

Dudette
    Great pic! I'm from Ithaca, and I hear ya, I cannot WAIT for better weather to arrive so I can properly hit the trails again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by petey15 View Post
    Great pic! I'm from Ithaca, and I hear ya, I cannot WAIT for better weather to arrive so I can properly hit the trails again.
    Thanks! I'm hoping come spring I get the chance to head up that way and ride Shindagin Hollow. I'm originally from Binghamton so it's not too bad of a drive from there. If you ever find yourself in the vicinity of Oneonta you should definitely check out the trails; we have about 40 miles of trail currently with plans to build more.

Dudette
    You'll definitely have to do that - check us out in Cycle-CNY. We have group rides there a few times/week during the season. Small world - I'm originally from Bingo, too!

mtbr member
    Sunny and mid-30's today..didn't do much to melt the couple inches of fresh powder, which made riding difficult but oh-so fun. Did about 8 miles, but it seemed much longer considering we had to break trail.

Here's a view from TableRock up behind Hartwick College in Oneonta, NY. Looking down you can see the snow is mostly melted in the valley..not quite warm enough to melt it up in the hills just yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Pic or Story-tablerock.jpg  

Dudette

Spring Fever!

With temps in the 50's and friends willing to ride, how could I not say no? Even though it was a road ride, at least it was on dirt. No trails were harmed or rutted during the making of this album. I can't say the same for the road

First pic is Merlin beside a tree marking where a Bald Eagle's nest can be spied across the river. This was taken near the end of the ride.

The next are my friends taking a break, giving me a photo op with their muddy bikes.

Next is myself and friend showing off our matching "skid marks".

The next pic was taken after we decided to use the lake overflow runoff to wash our muddy bikes. Worked great!

And lastly, a very clean Merlin! He was towel-dried and re-lubed after the photo was taken.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Pic or Story-image.jpg  

Today's Pic or Story-image.jpg  

Dudette

April Fun!

Finally the northeast saw sun, mild temperatures and dry trails (at least where I rode- an hour's drive from home). My bike and camera were all the company I needed today!

Dudette
    Got out again today, this time with some friends. I took the opportunity to get some action shots of someone besides myself.

The first is my friend, Ray, demonstrating to his wife, Betty that it's all about momentum. The second shot is Betty, on her third attempt. She just started really riding trails last year and broke some ribs on another log pile last fall. Unfortunately I missed her first successful crossing. You can probably tell she's a little far forward and her front wheel is turned...I call this shot "Legend of the Fall".
    The third shot I give "two bums up" and the fourth is her asking if I caught all that on my camera; she's a great sport and didn't break this time

Last edited by petey15; 04-08-2013 at 09:58 AM.

spent all weekend riding! 30 miles or so. i've got more pics comin, but so far...
    fap

Dudette
    Nice shot, Nicole! Where are you riding - those rollers look like fun!

Chelmsford MA
    fap

mtbr member
    Been out the last three days in a row. Friday and Saturday rode up here in Oneonta..the trails are a little muddy but starting to dry out. Worked on a particularly techy/loose descent..practicing for an enduro I'm considering doing this summer!

Some snow still on the north facing slopes but this week's warm temps should take care of that.

Rode Chenango Valley State Park in Binghamton, NY yesterday. Trails were dry, fast, and fun!

Now I'm off to ride again!

mtbr member
    Here's the view from what's know as "Strawberry Fields" behind Hartwick campus in Oneonta. Beautiful day for riding!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Pic or Story-oneonta-strawberry-fields.jpg  

Team Chilidog!
    Riding the bluff trails in Half Moon Bay..

MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Moderator Moderator
    Great pix, all, thanks for sharing. And Nicole - great face!

Moderator Moderator
    My friend's lab and me fatbiking on Sunday. The snow was retreating in the Northeast Kingdom, maybe 40/60 snow to bare ground. Kingdom Trails is hoping to open May 1st, weather permitting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Pic or Story-p1010412-800x600-.jpg  

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast