Thread: Sore girl parts

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Sore girl parts

Hi all-- thought i would put this thread in to help anyone that might be in the same situation like my gf was..

Recently i got my gf a mtn bike cause she has been wanting to try it out.. She loves it and likes to go all the time-- Great... Problem is-- her private parts would be so sore after a ride she could barely sit down for the next few days.. Got her padded riding shorts and tried a few different things-- but she would still end up soo sore.. So next was seat.. We tried a BUNCH of different seats-- most with open areas in the middle to help relieve some of the pressure she was feeling.. But none of them really helped.. She was a trooper and would keep going but i felt so bad when she would walk around with that "ouch,ouch,ouch" look every step afterwords.. I had just gotten a adamo peak seat--- she thought it was funky looking and didnt want to try it.. But after trying a bunch of the seats locally-- I put it on her bike and said "try it!!" lol.. So off we go on a ride-- and she looks at me with that look of angels singing from the sky-- pure joy.. ZERO pain.. She couldnt believe it didnt hurt at all and that riding could actually feel comfortable... So i gave her my seat and she has since been able to ride with zero pain down there at all.. No rubbing or anything sore.. We have been on 15-20 rides since putting it on and still loves the seat and how it feels..

So just thought id post this in hopes it might help any other women suffering from the same situation.. If your not comfy and your sore-- its not fun--and if its not fun your not going to ride.. Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation..

Team Chilidog!
    Good feedback, thanks.

Looks like other people share the same opinion:
    ISM Adamo Peak Saddle - Mtbr Forums

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    good info.. had a good laugh too... no way will my wife try that saddle. .. lol... she prefers to use a BELL cushion...
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

Serenity now!
    Wow, that is an ugly seat. Good to know there are options

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieChik View Post
    Wow, that is an ugly seat. Good to know there are options
    Wow... No kidding. But whatever works... Glad my sella is still keeping things comfortable for me!

mtbr member
    Glad your lady found a better seat. I had this problem too a long time ago.

Saddles are like fairy tale men...there's only one Mr. Right.

Saddle width is a major deal. Most bikes are sold with a 143cm seat on them, most women have larger sit bones and are more comfortable on a 155cm saddle. I've only ever had road saddles, and after trying a bazillion of them, landed on the Specialized Women's Oura Pro. When I got my mountain bike, I thought, oh, screw it, I'll just try rocking this one for a while, since it's a mountain bike specific saddle.

I climbed the Downieville Climb (very slowly) on that saddle and felt like I was being split up the middle because it was too narrow for my hips. And it put more pressure on the "soft tissue." I had some other very colorful analogies for how it felt. But now I have my Oura Pro on my mountain bike, much happier girl parts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I don't know if I would try that seat either! I just started having problems with my seat and pain, got a new saddle on...hopefully that works otherwise I may need to go this route! Thank you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Haha you all sound like she did before trying the seat. ... "that is one ugly ass seat. No way I'm trying that one out"...lol , till we tried a bunch of other saddles and none of them worked.. I also had problems with saddles..after about 45 minutes into a ride I'd go numb(i know too much info here in the woman's area== perineal nerve= ouch) ...after trying a number of seats i got one of these saddles and instantly no more problems..so after the gf trying all those other saddles with no success,i figured it was time for her to try my ugly saddle..lol.put it on and that was that= happiness down there..the seat works a bit differently than other saddles--it supports my(and hers) body weight with areas that are much less sensitive.. i rode for almost 4 hours yesterday and no numbness at all..she rode on Sunday for 1.5 hours and had zero pain down there that day or the next.. the funny part is I'm starting to think it looks good on the bike lol..

mtbr member
    My LBS recommended this one: https://www.serfas.com/products/view...ve-gel-saddles

I have been riding on it, much better than what I had. Not ideal, since I ride longer than I think the saddle likes. By the end of my usual hour to hour and a half long ride, I am getting some numbness. It is better than the AGONY I was in. Took weeks for the soreness to go away. Adjusting the angle was a HUGE help relieving pressure, though I am not sure if I ****ed up my posture with that (though it wasn't good to begin with since the bike is too big).

Picked it up for $30, I am not sure if I can do better for that price. I have wide hips, so when I actually adjust myself to sit back in the seat my sit bones hit the right spot. Most of the time, they are hanging off the sides of the nose as I lean forward to dig in. Not sure if it is the saddle, oversized frame, or me. It is a cruiser model, so most likely it isn't meant for me to lean forward.

Anyone else have experience with the Serfas saddles? They have a 90 day guarantee on them, so I can exchange it until I find the right one... just not sure which other ones to try!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Trails View Post
    Haha you all sound like she did before trying the seat. ... "that is one ugly ass seat. No way I'm trying that one out"...lol , till we tried a bunch of other saddles and none of them worked.. I also had problems with saddles..after about 45 minutes into a ride I'd go numb(i know too much info here in the woman's area== perineal nerve= ouch) ...after trying a number of seats i got one of these saddles and instantly no more problems..so after the gf trying all those other saddles with no success,i figured it was time for her to try my ugly saddle..lol.put it on and that was that= happiness down there..the seat works a bit differently than other saddles--it supports my(and hers) body weight with areas that are much less sensitive.. i rode for almost 4 hours yesterday and no numbness at all..she rode on Sunday for 1.5 hours and had zero pain down there that day or the next.. the funny part is I'm starting to think it looks good on the bike lol..
    After my test drive on my new seat last night, I am seriously considering getting this...I don't want to be in your gf's position and have painful ride after painful ride. My boyfriend says it's worth it, he doesn't like seeing me in pain either!

psycho cyclo addict
    My GF hasn't had issues with pain on women specific saddles. I just bought one for her new pimped carbon hard tail and she loves it- Selle San Marco Aspide Racing Glamour Saddle - Women's. Found it for $70 in a brick 'n mortar store's clearance bin eheheheh.

mtbr member
    Took a look at at the webpage. Cool saddles but I have hard time justifying the prices. Would be great to try one out just to see though. Glad your GF is enjoying her rides now.