mtbr member
    Dec 2007

smartwool rocks!

Hi Girls!

We all know Smartwool stuff is awesome, especially since it doesn't get funky after wearing it. I got a pair of their cycling shorts and I really like them; they are quickly becoming my favorites. I just wore them for a 2 day bikepacking trip that had me riding 8+ hours each day. They were comfy and did I mention no funk?

The only downside is they seem to soak up Chamois butter so you need to reapply every couple of hours- I felt more often than my ultrasensors. Also the pad did seem a bit thick at first but it didn't do any real damage like the pinching you can get sometimes with the thicker pads.

https://www.smartwool.com/default.cf...ottoms/_/2430/

Tiff

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    I heart Smartwool!! I have a million socks! Now this opens a whole new opportunity to fall in love again!

Rides with Scissors
    I have the EweTurn shorts. Comfy once I exchanged the too small size for the next size up.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

Mud Honey
    I LOVE their shirts. I've gotten them in every color I could find. I wear them for everything.
    And at the end of the day, she smelled of dirt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    How are the shirts for fitting bustier gals? Most bike shirts are designed for an A or B cup, it seems... as a DD, shirts tend to be a tent.
    2008 Specialized Safire Expert

Mud Honey
    They're not bike specific. They're designed as long underwear. I can't speak to the bustiness level, as I fall in the A/B category.
    And at the end of the day, she smelled of dirt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hmmm. Long underwear tends to be more flat chested than anything else. I am looking for new bike clothing the local sporting goods stores have almost no women's section. I may need to drive up to Nashville to visit REI.
    2008 Specialized Safire Expert