Tear it all out! SuperModerator

Smaller size leg armour for women?

My wife wants new shorter & cooler leg armour than she has currently (old Roach Indy style which are to long & hot). Before that she had CoreRat.

She is looking for something similar to the newer Roach style (vented), but in a size that will fit her. (The Roach stuff fits towards the big size, I'm 6'2" & 200lbs and wear medium!)

Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    I've seen a few people looking for shorter and lighter leg armor... (Actually, I'm sure there are several threads on the topic if you search back a bit)

Just to offer my 2 cents: I had short/light leg armor (the old Fox 911 stuff) - it came about 2/3 of the way down to my ankle. It was nice and lightweight, but I've had stitches in my ankles twice now. So when I went to buy new armor, I got the Raceface (totally identical to Roach) pads and got a large so they go all the way down to my ankle and actually protect my entire shin. Maybe I sweat a little more, but I sweat even worse when I have to wear bandages over stitches under armor for a few weeks...

Anyway, if she's really short, I guess sizing could still be a problem, but I'm sure there's something out there if you try enough stuff on. And I do think you have to try it on or it's impossible to know if it will be sliding around on you or not.

Good luck with the search!

the bomb

Craig, how tall is she

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    My wife wants new shorter & cooler leg armour than she has currently (old Roach Indy style which are to long & hot). Before that she had CoreRat.

She is looking for something similar to the newer Roach style (vented), but in a size that will fit her. (The Roach stuff fits towards the big size, I'm 6'2" & 200lbs and wear medium!)

Any suggestions?
    I'm 63.5 inches (5 ft 3.5 inches {sorry, no metric conversion. I'm mathmatically chanllenged) and I wear a size s/m fox 911 (new style). They're cumfy, and diffinately cooler than the roach indy (got them after getting heat stroke in dville last year).

They just fit my though, so anyone much shorter might have trouble.
    Womanhood ain't for sissies.- oldbroad

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Thanks for the info. I think you and her are about the same height.

I remember you stopping at the river to cool down, we were just leaving as you arrived.

Photo by pffft