mtbr member

Shredly Women's Apparel

Hey All,

I'm not a woman but was reading my latest issue of Bicycle Retailer and saw this little article in it that referred to Shredly. I know I have seen other posts asking for leads on woman's apparel. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting this here, just thought I'd get the word out in case it's any use to people here in the Lounge. If I have, I apologize and please delete.

SHREDLY | Women's Mountain Bike Apparel

Aloha,
    g

Moderator Moderator
    Well, I figured I'd better click in case it got the axe, but "MY EYES MY EYES!"
    Women's Mountain Bike Shorts ? SHREDLY | Women's Mountain Bike Apparel

Just teasing, gmats, those look like fun for some, I'm just more monochrome in the shorts department.

mtbr member
    Shredly shorts are pretty much all I wear. Heh, I guess I'm the opposite - SO SICK of black, or even plain solid color shorts. I'm stoked to have print shorts. I bought 3 pairs of these this year. They're comfy, stretchy and have useful pockets. Good stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Connie, how's the fit? I note they claim they fit all body types by using straps on the waist to snug it up. By the time I get a pair of shorts that fits around my boo-tay, the waist is huge enough that any snugging up results in a bubble butt. Ick. Would be wonderful to find something that actually follows through, esp if they have pockets...though I too am not sure about those prints. O_O

My current setup: liner shorts + a thrift shop field hockey skirt because I haven't found baggies to fit, and haven't had time to make any.

gabrielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

Gnarly
    I like the shorts and I would wear them! The jersey looks ok for trail riding but not so much for dh
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Dudette
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post
    Connie, how's the fit? I note they claim they fit all body types by using straps on the waist to snug it up. By the time I get a pair of shorts that fits around my boo-tay, the waist is huge enough that any snugging up results in a bubble butt. Ick. Would be wonderful to find something that actually follows through, esp if they have pockets...though I too am not sure about those prints. O_O

My current setup: liner shorts + a thrift shop field hockey skirt because I haven't found baggies to fit, and haven't had time to make any.

gabrielle
    ^That! X100. I find it so frustrating that by the time I get shorts over my hips, they look ridiculous at the waist. There was a great article about women's bike clothes on mtb4her. Are You Tired of Pink? | Mountain Biking for Women ? MTB4Her.com The Shredly shorts look pretty cool. Some of the colors are a bit bolder than I would choose, but at least there is the option. Kudos to giving women something other than pink and daisies.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Gab, I found some Dakine shorts on Steep and Cheap that fit well. I think the Shredlys are awesome but I'd have to get a whole new wardrobe of tops and socks to match.

Team Chilidog!

Shredly Women's Apparel

Good link to Michelle's latest blog. I love her write up on women's MTB clothes.

As far as clothes, how does the shredly size? I'm on the bigger size and most women's cycling clothing doesn't fit me so I'm wearing men's except for my short liners.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Shredly is a sponsor of GGR. Great products! They always have a booth with demo shorts at our Oct events

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Good link to Michelle's latest blog. I love her write up on women's MTB clothes. ...
    +1
    " No, these thin non-athletic models are used because their super-skinny bodies make the bike company’s riding outfit look less hideous! "

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post

gabrielle
    I do wish that the waistband was smaller - but I'm a solid hourglass (40-28-40). I ran out of velcro on the tabs and hand sewed them down where I wanted them. The saving grace here is that the fabric isn't stiff or bulky so it doesn't bubble up too much, and the fabric is also stretchy, so that helps accommodate the butt. Overall, they're the most comfortable and probably the most flattering shorts that I have overall (and I love the prints), so it's worth doing a little tailoring to make them lay flat at the waist.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Good link to Michelle's latest blog. I love her write up on women's MTB clothes.

As far as clothes, how does the shredly size? I'm on the bigger size and most women's cycling clothing doesn't fit me so I'm wearing men's except for my short liners.
    I would say that their size chart is accurate. And their larger sizes (14 and 16) are definitely bigger than a Women's XL in many other brands.

Kathleen in AZ
    So glad I peeked over to the Women's Lounge! I'm in dire need of new mtb shorts. I prefer shorts with mesh liners since I gave up the chamois diaper years ago... I absolutely love the colors and bold prints of the Shredly shorts. Do the Shredly's have a mesh liner by any chance? If not, does anyone know of any shorts with mesh liners (not the undie liner, but a full liner)? DH shorts are often lined and are great for DH, but they are also usually to heavy for XC.

Don't worry, be happy!
    I have some Dakine that have a very comfy, fully removable mesh liner short with a chamois in them.

mtbr member
    Just ordered a couple pair. I have such a hard time getting a good fit. Crossing my fingers!

Kathleen in AZ
    no chamois... try it, you might like it!

mtbr member
    I saw some Shreadly shorts in a store at Trestle Bike Park yesterday. The prints are awesome! I wish baggies didn't pull on my legs so much while I pedal or I'd own every obnoxious, baggie print out there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have a different sort of problem with fit on shorts -- I hate the trend over the last five or six years towards a more "hip hugger" fit and definitely like a higher waist. How do these shorts fit in that regard?
    Love the colors!

Dudette
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    I have a different sort of problem with fit on shorts -- I hate the trend over the last five or six years towards a more "hip hugger" fit and definitely like a higher waist. How do these shorts fit in that regard?
    Love the colors!
    I hear ya, there! Something with a little room in the hips, please, but not so big around the waist that once you get them over your hips, you have to cinch them up with a belt to get them to stay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyNAZ View Post
    Just ordered a couple pair. I have such a hard time getting a good fit. Crossing my fingers!
    Got my two pair. Had to size down and send the first round back. Other than that, They are super comfortable. I will be ordering more in the future. I agree on the velcro. Once you get it where you want it, you may want to tack it down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    Love the colors!
    They come to maybe an inch under my navel if I pull them up, but I size up to get them to sit lower because I prefer the hip hugger type fit so they're more like 3-4" below the navel. The fabric is stretchy too, so it is forgiving if you need them to stretch in different areas.