Team Chilidog!

Short liners - recommendations?

My body size keeps changing (Down to 176 lbs now! Woot!) and shorts I'm wearing underneath my baggies are getting loose. So, I'm looking at getting liners (if they're cooler) or a very breathable set of chamois. The ones I have a mid-90s Terry chamois (I can't believe that last as long as they do), so it's time to start looking for replacements. Terry started using a type of material that doesn't breathe (around 2000), and it sucks for when you wear them under baggies.

For the baggies, I have the mens 38 (XL) Eudora Humvees (the XL Specialized were starting to fall down, not good on a ride), so something thin is definitely in order.

Thanks chicas

Rides with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Terry started using a type of material that doesn't breathe (around 2000), and it sucks for when you wear them under baggies.
    You need to update your info -- my Terry liners (2009-2011) are mesh... LOTS of airflow. I hardly notice them under baggies.

However, they changed the "rise" in the ~2011 liner-shorts. It's not as high and feels like it's sliding down, about to give me "plumber's crack" issues. The older pair come up about an inch or two higher and are more comfortable (IMO), though the leg gripper in the newer pair is softer.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    You need to update your info -- my Terry liners (2009-2011) are mesh... LOTS of airflow. I hardly notice them under baggies.

However, they changed the "rise" in the ~2011 liner-shorts. It's not as high and feels like it's sliding down, about to give me "plumber's crack" issues. The older pair come up about an inch or two higher and are more comfortable (IMO), though the leg gripper in the newer pair is softer.
    My bad: I haven't been wearing liners: been wearing spandex. They're spandex changed to be this horrifically shiny material that doesn't breathe, even by itself (no baggies).

but finding something without a huge chamois pad seems to be difficult. How big is the padding in those? I think I purchased a set of those a couple of years ago.

Need to see if they fit either way (too big or too small), or back to the hunt.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey Anne, check out Zoic. I have only 1 pair of their 2 part shorts and the liners are pretty nice. Thin, breathable and comfy. My only complaint is that the legs are very short on the liner so the grippers are way higher in my thighs than I'm used to, but I'll bet they have some different ones. I don't know what "style" mine are since I pulled them out of a discount bin at Sea Otter, but my next purchase will be another pair of Zoic's.

Rides with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post

but finding something without a huge chamois pad seems to be difficult. How big is the padding in those? I think I purchased a set of those a couple of years ago.
    It's a pretty thick padding, but it doesn't seem to be as diaper-ish as some of the thicker chamois I've used.

I have a pair of the Zoic liners too, but like the previous poster, the inseam seems too short and it grips too high for comfort. I end up with an irritation-type-rash where the gripper is around my legs. Doesn't happen with the Terry's.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.