Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Team Chilidog!

Good job! Riding goals for 2015

Ok lad-ees.. it's that time of year!

What's your 3 riding goals for this year? I'm sure we can all have 20-30, but let's just start on what's possible

I'll start:

1. Ride more technical downhills and get more comfortable with drops. I'm not quite there yet.
    2. Ride faster on the DH, which means more time on my DH bike and more time on trails that involve more climbing.
    3. Get over my fear of steep downhills. Not sure where this came from, but I feel like I'm looking over a cliff and need to get over this.

I've given up on climbing goals. I'm comfortable with my place in the climbing world (sucking), and it'll slowly get better as I get closer to my goal weight.

Yer turn
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    1. Ride more during the work week. This year I found it difficult to get out for after-work rides during the summer months. Having a 10-hour work day and a young, high-energy pup who needs an evening walk factored into that some. But I don't need excuses, I need to ride my bike
    2. Work on getting the dog trail-trained. Right now, she is happy to run with the bikes but barks continuously and wants to nip our feet as we pedal! Now that she is maturing she is scary fast, though, and I think she has the makings of a great trail dog.
    3. Sign up for a Trek Dirt Series camp. I want to get more confident on tech terrain, but I need someone to push me to try the scary-looking stuff. A friend who has attended this clinic at Winter Park raved about how much she has learned, so I am going to give it a try.

That's my top 3. Have a happy, healthy and safe New Year, all!
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

mtbr member

Riding goals for 2015

1. Learn to jump. I never learned how and have some fear of landing badly. Planning to go to the Trek Dirt Series as well, they definitely cover jumping.

2. Get back to pre- baby #2 climbing speed/shape. Working toward this goal should help me lose some stubborn leftover baby weight too.

3. Have more fun. I've spent too much time looking and thinking about Strava. This year I want to stop and session fun stuff, enjoy beautiful views, and take lots of pictures.

Dudette
    1) Ride more! Before the Fall and drastic decline in daylight, I was riding around 4x/week. I don't enjoy night riding mostly because even with lights I don't seem to see and judge that well.
    2) Continue to work on slow-speed tech. I've been working on track stands and slow-speed maneuvers which have given me a lot more confidence, especially when at risk of stalling out.
    3) Continue to work on jumping obstacles and taking advantage of kickers. FUN!
    MTB4Her.com

mtbr member
    Get enough of a routine to get more miles in, in spite of variable work schedules.

Ride a few XC races. Related to goal 1.

Get back to ideal riding weight. Also related to goal 1
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hmmm....

1) Try bikepacking - get in at least one backcountry trip.

2) Take a weekend skills clinic to build on what I learned this year - I came a LONG way with technical skills, and want to keep the momentum going. I would especially like to work on technical climbing.

3) Do at least four XC races, with at least one fatbike race.

4) MOST IMPORTANT: Get out lots and ride my bike to awesome places!!

Moderator Moderator

The Other F Word
    Jan 2005
    Hmm well I completely failed at last year's goal - I didn't even re-ride the trail I wanted to conquer. :P

Goal for this year:
    Ride at least six new trails.

gabrielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    My goals suit my pathetic lack of ability:

1) Master the switchbacks on the trails I usually ride. They're easy switchbacks that everyone else can do, but I'm gutless.

2) Do the Oregon Outback ride.

3) Ride the entire Great Divide route.

The Other F Word
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the other Anne View Post
    My goals suit my pathetic lack of ability:

1) Master the switchbacks on the trails I usually ride. They're easy switchbacks that everyone else can do, but I'm gutless.

2) Do the Oregon Outback ride.

3) Ride the entire Great Divide route.
    "Lack of ability" + "gutless" and then "Oregon Outback" + "Great Divide"? Does not compute!

Go get 'em! I want to do the Outback someday, too.

gabrielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

So Stoked!
    1) Plan more adventures and explore new dh and trail. Plan a trip to the mountains.

2) Build and help maintain more trail. I participated in 10 full volunteer trail days in 2014 . My goal for 2015 is to participate in one full volunteer day per month.

3) Ride harder and faster; jump higher and land bigger drops. Continue with current training program, and increase lift loads. More strength and stamina for 2015.

4) Mentor new riders. I've learned so much over a short period of time and my goal is to take the opportunity to share the stoke
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    1. Ride more during the week in the summer months.
    2. Keep my eyes up and look further down the trail.
    3. Ride more, ride more, ride more.

mtbr member
    1. As always get better. Increase endurance/fitness and technical skills.

2. Do more races I guess. I 'um "accidentally" joined a race team and they have a 5 race minimum, although I'm sure I can haggle a bit in exchange for some website work.

3. I'd also like to learn to take some MTB action photos with the new DSLR I got for Christmas.

4. Get my daughters (6,8) more into biking. The hit their first single track last summer on basic kids bikes and both got geared MTBs for Christmas as well. We're going to sign the older one up for the Little Bellas camp. Super excited.

mtbr member
    To ride, period. Anywhere. I had left total knee replacement October 17th, 2014. My formerly ruined knee is now titanium & plastic.. Recovery was (still is!) tough and my flexion is coming back slower than I'd hoped, though still within the so-called "acceptable" timeframe. I tried to ride my 29er six weeks ago, before I was ready, and didn't make it off the front lawn, oops. But it's a new year! So I just finished lugging an old 26er down from the eaves and getting her ready to go- swapped to flats, pumped up the old tubes, and accomplished a stationary backpedal in the security of my kitchen. This particular bike has shorter crank arms, which helps. I'm taking a break then out the door. Today is my big day, fingers crossed!!!
    Never give up, never surrender.
    DJO 3D knee- 17 OCT 2014

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Go LadyDi!

mtbr member
    I did it!!!!
    Never give up, never surrender.
    DJO 3D knee- 17 OCT 2014

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Woohoo! Congrats! New Years resolution met just 6 days in - pedal on!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Here's what I wrote in my blog (2015 Races | rubberonmud) for 2015 riding goals. It's in print for the world, so I have to do it!

In 2015, Im going to focus on the cross-country ski season and the cyclocross season. Ski season will be about getting a lot of hours on the snow and improving my technique both classic and skate. Summer is going to be about having fun on my mountain bike more rides and fewer races. I am going to do the Hardcore 24 race again, but this time Im going to do it as part of a for-fun team, where spear-heading bacon and beer hand-ups will be my priority. For cyclocross season, I have my eye on the nationals in January 2016. My cyclocross season will be designed to improve my skills and combine racing with resting to keep me in good mental and physical shape for nationals.

Don't worry, be happy!
    My turn:
    1. Keep progressing. You never stop learning/improving and growing. Pumping and jumping.
    2. Seven Summits. This is the year.
    3. Momentum moves for down, up, over.

Edited to three, so anything quoted is old stuff.
    Last edited by formica; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:44 PM.

~*~*~*~*~
    My #1 goal for 2015 is to do the VT 50.
    So that means my two other goals will be....
    2. not die trying to finish the VT 50
    So that means I need....
    3. to ride a whole lot more than I did in 2014

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Only three? well - I guess I can narrow it down...

#1 - most important! get coaching to learn to deal with obstacles and terrain more efficiently... i.e. getting over logs, drops, rocky steep sections.
    #2 - i'm buying myself a DH bike for my b'day - so develop that skill set! (will probably help a lot with some of #1!)
    #3 - enter a gravity enduro competition later in the year, social category (#1 and #2 will help with my confidence for this!) and also enter a few more XC races, aiming to ride faster and place better than the previous race each time.

(and a sneaky #4 - not directly bike related - finish my doctorate and graduate whilst remaining relatively sane... I think #1, 2 and 3 will be of great help in achieving this!)

Don't worry, be happy!
    Oops was it supposed to be only three? Fixed my own post.
    Last edited by formica; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:44 PM.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by formica View Post
    Oops was it supposed to be only three? Sorry.
    Heh, the reason for the only three rule is simple: yes, we all want to be great riders and it will take more than three.

But realistically, getting 1-2 is probably the most we can really do if we want to do it very well in a year.. but 3 seems to be a nice easy number
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Y'all have awesome goals, I hope everyone has some measure of success. But the most important one: Have fun!

mtbr member
    1) Get faster, I have a lot of technical skill when I do not psych myself out, but I need to get faster on the easy stuff. Speed is NOT the enemy... :-P
    2) Conquer downhill switchbacks (I also suck at these and freak out at the apex)
    3) Finish the Shenandoah Mountain 100 (100 miles of back country racing with ~14,000 feet of elevation gain) - This is the big one!
    You have to earn your downs...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast