mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Riding with the fast ladies

Since i moved up to the sport 45 plus class and have been holding my own in the back of the pack i get to ride with the fast sport ladies starting behind us..sometimes i even keep up with a few of them for a while but i usually give them some encouragement and try to learn their fast lines..

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u
    Since i moved up to the sport 45 plus class and have been holding my own in the back of the pack i get to ride with the fast sport ladies starting behind us..sometimes i even keep up with a few of them for a while but i usually give them some encouragement and try to learn their fast lines..
    i had a number of very nice riding companions from the 45+ sport group when i was racing sport. they did the same for us & started the women after all the men. i had some really nice chats and got a few good pointers as we rode.

they still do that in expert (start the women after all the men) except the only time i see an expert guy on the course is if he either has a mechanical (and then he passes me after he gets it fixed...even if it takes him 15 minutes!) or if he's lapping me.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    what are your age groups?

in TX it's 19-29, 30-39, 40+

i worship Mr T

mine? or 2fast4u?

Quote Originally Posted by CycleMainiac
    what are your age groups?

in TX it's 19-29, 30-39, 40+
    in the series i'm doing for women's expert it's: women 19+ and pro ...all of us lumped together in one big glop! (for start time & awards)

for one of the other series they used to break up the women the same way they do for you. and for NORBA national races they break up the age groups by 5 year increments (19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, etc).

for the men's races, if there are a lot of guys they will sometimes break it down by 5 year increments, otherwise it is usually by 10 year groupings (19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+).

i think each series does it differently.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    The intermountain cup race series are out here. They break up the mens' group in to ages I think 10 year groupings, as well as divisions. But for the women, there is only (no age bracket) beginner, sport, expert, pro; then 35+ group which can be any skill level. I think there's a singlespeed category also which has no age bracket, I'm trying to see if co-ed because I don't recall men and women SS categories... Darn .pdf won't open... Oh, and a clydesdale category too.