mtbr member
    Jul 2011

recommended grips?

i'm looking for any recommendations for new grips. my wife is 5'3" and ~115lbs. her bike is spec ERA fsr expert, also aggressive trail riding purpose. appreciate any feedback.

mtbr member
    What is it that she doesn't like about her current grips?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    her grips right now are worn out. we weren't really keen on replacing them with the same grips since the longevity wasn't good, so willing to look at any suggestions that would work for her hand size and bike riding style.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendthrasher View Post
    her grips right now are worn out. we weren't really keen on replacing them with the same grips since the longevity wasn't good, so willing to look at any suggestions that would work for her hand size and bike riding style.
    I like the ODI Ruffians and the Ourys, but grips may be a personal thing.

Both are fairly spongy and tend to last a while.

mtbr member
    I think hand size and personal preference make it pretty tough to pick out grips online unless you've tried them out before. Personally, I'm pretty sold on lizard skins Charger lock-ons, but they have any number of styles for the pattern and thickness of the rubber part. I have the neon green ones, but had the pink ones on my previous bike.

Obviously it's going to depend on what feels right to each person's hand. Personally, I can't imagine not using lock-on's of some sort, but maybe that varies for some people too.

In bat country
    Oct 2011
    Yep, have her go into a shop and just start gripping on them but I agree with Stripes, I like ODI Ruffians and again I concure with Connie, get locking grips, not sure why anyone would not want locking.
    And then last but not least tell her to get an account on here!

mtbr member
    I like my ESI grips. They fit my hand, are light and they dampen vibration well (I don't uses a padded glove). The one downside is if you crash a lot, they are the not most sturdy. I do mostly "trail" riding.