Thread: OT road bike

Huh?
    Apr 2005

OT road bike

I have a friend who wants to get a road bike. She'll use it for training and then to ride the Pan MASS challenge. This will be a first bike for her so it needs to be affordable and comfortable for a ride like this.
    Thank you any info you can provide.

Mark

consistent default champ
    I got a road bike about two months ago. I personally fit the specialized men's bikes best but the only way to know what will fit her is to start going to bike shops and starting test riding bikes. There is a site called road bike review. I don't know if they have a women's lounge or not because road riding is sort of for when I just need to train or rain keeps me off the trails. Mountain biking is incredibly more fun!! the few women I have talked to that do both agree with me

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Trek or Cannondale will serve you well. They are both excellent frames for under 1K the parts leave something to be desired but as you have cash you can find excellent deals on components and add to your steed. Ride on with your bad self

Glue Sniffer
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieinSC
    There is a site called road bike review. I don't know if they have a women's lounge or not...
    They do:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

It definitely wouldn't hurt to post this over there as well. More opinions are usually better. Or stupider. I don't remember which.

Affordable can mean $200 or $1500, depending on who you are (in my case, it would be free). A buddy of mine runs a very, very successful road shop in Florida. He doesn't sell a bike, or even order one, before doing a fit on you. It's part of the reason he is so successful. Anyway, it all starts with fit, then you can talk price, quality of ride, etc.

I'd recommend going to a few good shops and start talking about bikes. It's a good way to feel out the shops and get a general overview of road bikes.
    Cats just don't feel safe on a moving bicycle, no matter how much duct tape you use. www.adventuresinprocreating.blogspot.com

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the replies. She ended up getting a Speshy Dolce. She likes it so far.