Thread: Nooby Girl

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Nooby Girl

Hey Ladies, My name is Ashley.

I just bought myself the 26" NEXT Mountain Bike (Ladies Bike) for my birthday. I am so used to riding boys bikes and having room to put stuff. How do you ladies mount your stuff on your bikes? My bf said he could drill some holes in the frame to mount my waterbottle holder considering the only holes on the bike are way at the bottom of the frame. Anyways, I am just looking for some ideas of how to mount things, where to get decent parts/ accessories at decent prices.

I also have an old Kuwahara bike that is a project, used to be my Papas bike, but its been sitting in the elements for awhile.

Thank you

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Both my women's specific bike and my current full suspension bike only have room for one bottle cage, so I just used the existing location. I have a small bag that goes under the saddle where I keep a tube and tools. For longer rides and races I have a small Camelback I use for additional water. I've never really had a need to mount anything more to my bike!

Don't worry, be happy!
    Ditto on what Sooshee said: use existing water bottle holder, seat bag and a camelback. I wouldn't have anyone go drilling holes in my frame, that sounds kind of crazy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by formica View Post
    Ditto on what Sooshee said: use existing water bottle holder, seat bag and a camelback. I wouldn't have anyone go drilling holes in my frame, that sounds kind of crazy.
    my bike doesnt have an existing water bottle holder or holes, the only holes that were in it are at the bottom of the frame facing the ground i was trying to find one of the holders that fits around the bar but the only places i can think of where i live are walmart and canadian tire but they all have the screw in ones.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Zip tie the screw in one on the bike. Of you could buy a cheap hydration pack at that walmart, they really are better than carrying a bottle.

Moderator Moderator
    Sometimes an inconvenient water bottle holder, like the one at the bottom of your frame, is a great excuse for a break and enjoying the scenery.

just a Newbie
    I usually don't post here but when I read your post of having your bf drilling hole in your frame, that prompted me to reply here.

Please do not drill hole in the frame. There is a good chance the aluminum will strip out when tightening the screw to the DIY threaded. Second thing, the aluminum thread may even gall up and seize to the bolt. Along with the fact that you are weakening the frame integrity.

There are many options out there. Two fish make a strap on bottle cage. Minoura have a strap on adapter that gives you the 2 holes for screwing on a bottle cage. Topeak sell a adapter that can be mounted on the handle bar or seat post for a bottle cage.

BTW, the 2 screw holes under the frame is a great place to mount a pump.

Minoura Strap-On Bottle Boss:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

Twofish Strap-On Stainless Cage > Accessories > Hydration > Water Bottle Cages | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop - Mobile

TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories ? Products - CageMount

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy View Post
    the only holes that were in it are at the bottom of the frame facing the ground
    If there are two holes about 5" apart, that IS where your water bottle holder mounts.