Displaced Southerner
    Dec 2004

Namrita...and other southeasterners...

Hey! First off, GOOD LUCK at the Shen100!!! I can't wait to hear your report of the course. There is a pretty good group of folks heading up there from K-town, several of whom did ORAMM. I'm heading west for some epic riding, but likely covering in 2 days what you'll be doing in 1!

Are you going to do Conyers? After reading all that on the Endurance board, I just don't think I want to support Stuart and 24HOA, and I had a chance to do it with entry fee covered. I'd rather support Pisgah races, local promoters, etc, but the 17-18th isn't working into my already busy schedule too well. I may still be able to pull it off, but I'm not sure yet.

What about Double Dare in October? That sounds like a ton of fun, and to boot, reasonable entry fee! I'll also be at the Pisgah swap meet at the end of October. If you are there we should hook up a ride.

Good luck this weekend, and to any others out there doing it! Have fun, and it looks like the weather will be perfect!

Carol Ann
    Whatever you can do or dream you can do, do it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
    ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam
    Hey! First off, GOOD LUCK at the Shen100!!! I can't wait to hear your report of the course. There is a pretty good group of folks heading up there from K-town, several of whom did ORAMM. I'm heading west for some epic riding, but likely covering in 2 days what you'll be doing in 1!

Are you going to do Conyers? After reading all that on the Endurance board, I just don't think I want to support Stuart and 24HOA, and I had a chance to do it with entry fee covered. I'd rather support Pisgah races, local promoters, etc, but the 17-18th isn't working into my already busy schedule too well. I may still be able to pull it off, but I'm not sure yet.

What about Double Dare in October? That sounds like a ton of fun, and to boot, reasonable entry fee! I'll also be at the Pisgah swap meet at the end of October. If you are there we should hook up a ride.

Good luck this weekend, and to any others out there doing it! Have fun, and it looks like the weather will be perfect!

Carol Ann
    Hey Carol Ann!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to SM100...you should do it next year! Epic riding out west sounds just as good though

Am I doing the 24hoa @ Conyers? NO, I am certainly not. Unfortunately I can't make it to the 24/Pisgah this year but I would go if I could. (Too much travel this month). Were you planning on racing Solo? Actually, I can't make it to the end-of-Oct Pisgah thing either, we'll be out in Winecountry (NorCal) for a much needed vacation

Double Dare is a good possibility. Right now it depends on my partner and whether I will be able to go out of town again, but it should be a lot of fun.

How about the Swank 65? I'm pretty certain I'll be at that one.

Hope to see ya soon.
    Last edited by namrita; 09-01-2005 at 11:14 AM.

Displaced Southerner
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by namrita
    Hey Carol Ann!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to SM100...you should do it next year! Epic riding out west sounds just as good though

Am I doing the 24hoa @ Conyers? NO, I am certainly not. Unfortunately I can't make it to the 24/Pisgah this year but I would go if I could. (Too much travel this month). Were you planning on racing Solo? Actually, I can't make it to the end-of-Oct Pisgah thing either, we'll be out in Winecountry (NorCal) for a much needed vacation

Double Dare is a good possibility. Right now it depends on my partner and whether I will be able to go out of town again, but it should be a lot of fun.

How about the Swank 65? I'm pretty certain I'll be at that one.

Hope to see ya soon.
    I likely will do the SM100 next year. I seriously considered it for this year...I have really come to believe that our bodies are much more capable than what our minds will allow us to believe!
    24 hour race--yes, solo. Just to see how many laps I could do. Your NorCal vacaction sounds fabulous....I am hoping that this weekend gives me some much needed rest.

I likely will do the Swank. Is there a date set for it yet?

ca
    Whatever you can do or dream you can do, do it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
    ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam
    I likely will do the Swank. Is there a date set for it yet?

ca
    Nov 13.

Supervixen
    I'm not Namrita or a Southeasterner, but I'll be at the SM100. This will be my 3rd time. It's like some kind of bizzaro drug - hurts when you're doing it, but feels so good when you stop...

Namrita, I sent you a PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0