MTB site for girls

Printable View

• 11-10-2012
    Alice88
    MTB site for girls
    Hi girls,

I`m working on a new website for MTB girls. I know that in many cases girls wan`t to read about the same things as guys, but not always right?

So i`m just asking you guys what you would like to read about on such a page?
    All ideas welcome:)

Thanks
    Alice
  • 11-10-2012
    phoenixnr
    Sorry ladies didn't see I was in women's lounge. Post edited.

"So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."
  • 11-10-2012
    Alice88
    I usually read the same stuff as guys, but whenever I see a girl related article I check it out. I love reading about other girls riding:)

Thanks!
  • 11-10-2012
    formica
    Are you talking girls as in teens or girls as in "all you gals here...". What's your mission? What will make you different from here or the mtb forum at Team Estrogen?
    Just wondering. I get pretty much everything i need already, so I want to know what you would offer that's different or better.
  • 11-10-2012
    Alice88
    I`m talking about all females, any age:).

I just want to share my love for MTB and learn more about it in the process. The big difference would be me. How I write my articles and what details l like to share. I cannot compare myself with others, as I don`t know enough about them.

My biggest strength is probably my analytic side though. I like to ask the question: why.
    I`m especially interested in the mental aspect of MTB. I`m also interested in looking into the gap between men and females.
    I don`t see myself doing lots of reviews of bike gear, not in the beginning at least.
    I also do alot of different types of riding. So I will probably write about diversity and how the different disciplines effect each other.

I`m not trying to compete with other sites. I believe if the content is good enough people will eventually take interest with good marketing. It is possible to like more then one site:)
    For me when i visit a site it is also not only about the words, but how it is presented.

Biggest issue is my english, as it`s not my native language. So it will be simple, blog style writing the way I like it.

Women who like to challenge themselves on the bike is my main target group:).
    I will not write about local races or the same local rider, but types of riders. The types of girl mtb sites I have come across have a lot of local/national news. To much I think.
  • 11-11-2012
    PixieChik
    I like to read about other women mountain biking, too.

I like to read skill building tips. Women's specific equipment and bike reviews might be cool. Descriptions of rides with pictures are good.

Good luck! Post a link.
  • 11-13-2012
    lokisare
    I just decided to start blogging my riding and racing, let me know what you think Ride Like A Girl
  • 11-24-2012
    Plauscha
    What I would like to see...

Tips from a woman's perspective
    Photos of women riding/jumping/racing
    Women's results from top races
  • 11-27-2012
    Stripes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Plauscha View Post
    What I would like to see...

Tips from a woman's perspective
    Photos of women riding/jumping/racing
    Women's results from top races

I think mtb4her.com has what you're looking for. :D A friend of mine runs that site, and I do some writing for her.
  • 11-28-2012
    Plauscha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I think mtb4her.com has what you're looking for. :D A friend of mine runs that site, and I do some writing for her.

Thank You! :thumbsup:
  • 11-28-2012
    kimikaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stripes View Post

+1. Just discovered and very impressed