Thread: Mixed Shifters

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Mixed Shifters

I am so happy with the results of my moving to a mixed shifting system that I had to share. I am a SRAM woman, but increasing thumb arthritis has made shifting the front more and more of a challenge. I needed to have the cable and housing changed for the front shifter anyway so I asked my LBS to convert the left shifter to SRAM X0 grip from X7 trigger. I prefer X0 grips to triggers anyway, and the cost of the version for triples have really dropped. It wasn't much more expensive in the end than having the cable and housing changed. Here is a picture of the results.

I am quite pleased with how this has worked out. My grip had to be cut and they did a fine job. The right trigger location had to be adjusted further in but that seems to be fine. The bike now shifts better than it ever has! Sorry for the duplication for those who have perhaps seen this same photo on TE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mixed Shifters-shifters.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sweet! Riding is all about fun! What ever works! In golf, the object of the game is to get the ball in the hole. There isn't a space to write how pretty the shot was or what club was used. There is only space for the score. Love it, hope it all works out and keep riding.

Aloha!