Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    psycho cyclo addict

Let's see your blinged-out rides!

Quote Originally Posted by petey15 View Post
    One thing I really enjoy is personalizing my bikes with different colored bits. In the past I owned a white-framed bike which was pretty easy to accessorize. Same with a raw frame. I currently own a TX 29er and adding color to this ride is a little challenging. I'm thinking of going with some magenta/purple bits to add a bit of "pop". How have some of you accessorized your rides?
    I went blinged out monochrome with a smattering of red on my GF's chiner carbon hardtail build. Chris King hubs, Stan's 355 wheel set with DT revolution spokes and tubeless Racing Ralph tires, Race Face carbon bars and stem cap, Hope clamp, Selle San Marco Apside ladies saddle, Elixir 5 hydro brakes, X7 shifting, Stylo cranks and XT cassette.

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362236638.371176.jpg
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

Team Chilidog!
    Wow.. nice job for a budget build blinging it out.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Dudette
    +1 Agreed!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm pretty darn excited, I found a TT helmet that matches my black and pink road bike! Which is ironic, because my TT bike is black and red, but nonetheless, black and pink!!! So excited, haha.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive View Post
    I am also kinda in the same boat. I am building up a Salsa Selma frame and I am going with a combination of blue and white components. I noticed right away the issues with blue components that you mentioned, Stripes. The frame came with a blue Salsa seatpost collar and a blue Cane Creek headset and the blues are quite different. I am going with blue Hope hubs, nipples, and Race Face Atlas stem, and I hope that those components are far-enough removed from each other that slight differences won't be too noticeable. We shall see... I'll post a pic of what I have so far later today.

I did some minor bling on my Maverick - white components are sooo much easier.
    Attachment 769769
    Attachment 769770

Those purple anodized pedals look sweet!
    I ride with a guy that has a Maverick. I though he had the last one on the planet!!

Dudette
    Okay, here's the '05 Giant Yukon with virtually no OEM parts, except for the cassette, the chainrings, and shifter. Cha-ching!

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-jack-1.jpgLet's see your blinged-out rides!-jack-2.jpg

I like the white...

Dudette
    I was out on this the other day. The bike felt so small compared to my Trance. I was wondering how it might be for say an indoor bike park, like Ray's?

mtbr member
    Hey ladies! Been around here for a while and thoughti would post, not super blinged out but I like em!

Pugsley(actually away getting lefty-fied as we speak!)
    Let's see your blinged-out rides!-image.jpg

Conundrum:

Casseroll:

Dudette
    Ooh, congrats on the Lefty! Post once it comes back. Very creative shots - I especially love the one with the turtle. And that Casserole is hawt!

mtbr member
    Thanks! Definately will do. You all have some damn fine rides here!

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    Hey ladies! Been around here for a while and thoughti would post, not super blinged out but I like em!

Conundrum:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	778909
    Unicycling looks dangerous!

mtbr member

Casseroll:

Views:	171 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	778912
    Hooray, a fellow Casseroll owner! I loooove mine:

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-582535_3683666644153_2125121470_n.jpg

I just ordered a different rear rack for it that should look much better than that one in the photo.

mtbr member
    Nice! Yours looks more teal than mine, that blue paint can really look differently depending on lighting I am noticing. What rear rack is that? I like the shape of it! What front are you going with? Finding a bag small enough to fit on stock was hard. It will be fine for now but if I end up on an all day ride, will need bigger than the Timbuk2 Bento box I have on there now. Just FYI....I got Bruce Gordon Rock n Road knobbies for it yesterday, they fit awesome! So if you have a hankering to go offroad more with the Cass and want to stay skinwall, the RnR tire works awesome! If it wasn't blizzarding here today, I would take a pic. It looks early MTB fantasmal!

Ooooooo....what year is your Trek?! Looks like early 80s? 520 or 720s model?

mtbr member
    It's the photo - I took that with a crappy cell phone camera. It is definitely not that teal.
    The rear rack is a Soma Deco rack: Soma Deco Rear Rack
    It's a good, sturdy rack, but I wanted something with thinner tubing that fit the look I am going for better.
    I am actually going to make my own bag for the front rack. I've been indecisive on what fabric colors and patterns to go with, but I went ahead and got these panniers: Koki Bagaboo Pandan Cycling Pannier Bag
    So I am trying to find a matching canvas fabric. I was planning to make it just large enough to hold a six-pack.

Thanks for the heads up on the knobbies! I have been tossing around the idea of doing some mild trails on it... the Paselas have been such great road tires for the price. Larger tires are a must on the roads here in Santa Fe.

That is a 1983 Trek 640. I love it and use it for commuting mostly (when I actually need a bike - I ride a bus to work and the stops are close enough to not necessitate a bike ride - bummer!). It is such a nimble little thing.

Slothful dirt hippie

When only the finest will do....

Here's my 'bling'. 26" that can convert to 29"+. I notice significant resistance with that bigger hoop though....

"...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

see me rollin, they hatin
    thats some tufty bling you gotz there!
    fap

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by verslowrdr View Post
    Here's my 'bling'. 26" that can convert to 29"+. I notice significant resistance with that bigger hoop though....

Wow.. you should do something about your spokes. They're completely outta control.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Lefty pics!!! Bling, bling......

2012 Necro Pugsley
    2006 Lefty Speed Fork with custom Mendon fat clamps & front Lefty hub
    Jones Loop Bars
    Tioga Spyder flats & Twin Rail seat
    Thudbuster LT seatpost
    Big Fat Larry tires for wintertime float(summer is Endo combo)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by verslowrdr View Post

Gotta watch out for those hedgehogs

Moderator Moderator
    Looks plush, nakedbabytoes!

Slothful dirt hippie
    HolyCrap, I didn't realize you could run a fattie w/ a leftie... which makes it a Fleftie? Lattie? Laftie? Flattie?

Loves me some fat bike. I've been able to toodle around on a fat bike a couple times and their handling always surprises me. You'd THINK they'd handle like a pig to look at 'em, but they don't. I kinda like how it's returning us to the real old skool stuff of wandering around slowly going "I wonder if I could ride that... only one way to find out...."

There's some really cool videos of folks bikepacking/packrafting kicking around on the intarwebz... The combo of fatbike + packraft opens up previously inconceivable opportunities for exploring the far north.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

Dudette
    Lefty pics!!! Bling, bling......

Views:	1134 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	782322

Views:	663 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	782323

Views:	1164 
Size:	303.9 KB 
ID:	782324

2012 Necro Pugsley
    2006 Lefty Speed Fork with custom Mendon fat clamps & front Lefty hub
    Jones Loop Bars
    Tioga Spyder flats & Twin Rail seat
    Thudbuster LT seatpost
    Big Fat Larry tires for wintertime float(summer is Endo combo)
    Wow!! Nice ride! I seriously cannot wait to get a fat bike. Too much fun to be had!

Moderator Moderator
    If anyone is serious about getting fat, end of season sales of new fatbikes, demos, and rentals are going on now. For example, the good guys at IRide in Waterbury VT posted these:
    20" Surly Moonlander
    20" Surly Moonlander
    18" Surly Moonlander
    16" Surly Moonlander
    14" Surly Pugsley

mtbr member
    You ladies are seriously getting me fatty-curious! Lots of sand around here, but I am *also* a fatty myself who chugs along on the trails, so I am not sure the extra rolling resistance will be much fun when I am riding stuff that isn't sand...

I'll get my hardtail finished and try out the 2.35" tires (biggest I could fit, reviews said they are really 2.4+"! Pretty chubby compared to the 1.95" I have always ridden ) and decide from there if fatties are worth looking at

I still *really* want a road bike too, for summer. It's too hot here to safely go in the mountains during summer. Dammit, I think that's the bug biting me again...

I AM I AM
    Note exactly bling as I've always liked relatively plain bikes, but it's my new baby, having a carbon frame is probably as bling as I"ll get!

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-apollo1.jpg
    Last edited by ducktape; 03-24-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast