Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Bling bling, money ain't a thing!

Dirty South Underdog
    Air9 Carbon SS w/SID WC Fork, Formula Brakes, and Memphis-Bling I9 Trail 24 wheels:

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-163328_532079300147175_2103963716_n.jpg
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i wasnt kidding.

Attachment 772223
    LOL, love your style Nic, but really i think you should go all out and cover the whole thing, i mean every mm of it, yes it might add some weight but you could handle it.
    What about some pearls, shells, stones, mother of pearl, yes even the visor and the straps, go all out girl, if anybody can pull it off its you......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    The Hope front hub came in, so I decided to compare all of the blue ano parts I've acquired so far. The blue on the Atlas stem is just too different from the other parts. The hub closely matches Salsa's blue, which is nice. So it looks like I'm still in the market for a stem (I am considering the Answer Rove stem, either the white XC one or the charcoal AM one - if the charcoal is a neutral grey). Here are a couple of photos to show the color difference (it is rather difficult to get the shade of the stem to show up correctly in photos):

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-dsc_0004.jpg

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-dsc_0006.jpg

Luckily, a friend of mine is thinking about taking the Atlas stem off my hands to put on his rig.

Dudette
    Oh, ok, nice pic- you can really appreciate the difference in the blues. Did you want to try to get another anodized blue stem at this point? Did you check out Loaded Precision, they have them in blue?
    MTB4Her.com

mtbr member
    Really want the red handlebars I saw earlier on...but here it is so far!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just picked up a new cyclocross bike (well... I had the LBS put it in the back room for me with my name on it, LOL) and it has orange on the fork so I'm thinking I need to do some orange accents... thinking orange grip tape for sure!

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by DRILLINDK View Post
    Really want the red handlebars I saw earlier on...but here it is so far!

That bike looks sweet, the only thing that im not keen on is the style of stem you have on there, but mighty sweet bike..
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member

Re: Let's see your blinged-out rides!

Thanks Tones. The stem and saddle are loaners from my LBS. I'm planning on riding a few different variations in lengths, etc to figure out what feels best. Any suggestions?

Ultimately, I wanna go with a carbon stem in a attempt to get the bike weight below 24lbs.

Rogue Exterminator
    No where near the money as some of these bikes but they still make me smile.
    I wish they sold the grips I have on the white bike in orange but I will have to get something different.

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-2013-02-19_17-06-03_39.jpg
    Let's see your blinged-out rides!-856811_4296679222064_654531397_o.jpg
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by petey15 View Post
    Oh, ok, nice pic- you can really appreciate the difference in the blues. Did you want to try to get another anodized blue stem at this point? Did you check out Loaded Precision, they have them in blue?
    I have looked at Loaded Precision, but I think I am going to skip the blue ano for the stem/bars/seatpost. However, I think I should get the wheels built first and see how the bike is looking after that, then proceed. But I have been checking these out:

Name:  1326810696744-w52mxhd03aqf-399-75.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  15.4 KB
    Let's see your blinged-out rides!-answer1.jpg

I really wish one of our local bike shops carried more obscure brands such as this. But I am thinking that the "charcoal" color is a neutral grey and would go well with the frame color. Otherwise, the white one should work fine.

Nice Tallboy, DRILLINDK! I love the red on black.

kjlued - sweet orange pedals! I am rather partial to orange. I'm betting that'll be a fun bike to add a little bling to.

Dudette
    Ooh, yeah, the red and black are gorgeous! Very nice! Lots of choices out there in those colors to play with, too.

Dudette
    Are those grips you're talking about PDW's? I have those (in pink) on my Misfit Dissent. Love those things. Gussets on the Marin, or something else?

I was excited to see that Purely Custom now makes head caps in the 1.25" diameter size. Hmmmm...

Rogue Exterminator
    Are those grips you're talking about PDW's? I have those (in pink) on my Misfit Dissent. Love those things. Gussets on the Marin, or something else?
    Yeah, the are PDW's
    They are great.

I also have the MG1 Pedals

Then on the GT, I have the VP-001 Pedals.
    The VP's are really nice.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

Team Chilidog!
    Thank you for starting this thread. You inspired me to write this
    Chronic Upgraditis | MTB4Her
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Dudette
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Thank you for starting this thread. You inspired me to write this
    Chronic Upgraditis | MTB4Her
    So true - on all accounts! My first "real" mountain bike was a 2005 Giant Yukon hardtail. I've replaced the stem, handlebars, cables, pedals, bb, crankset, put on a bashguard, replaced the saddle, replaced the fork, the wheels and the brakes! The only things I haven't changed are the cassette, the shifters, and the chainrings. Yup, those are the only OE parts, aside from the frame. I'm going to have to post a pic of that one...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive View Post
    I have looked at Loaded Precision, but I think I am going to skip the blue ano for the stem/bars/seatpost. However, I think I should get the wheels built first and see how the bike is looking after that, then proceed. But I have been checking these out:

Name:  1326810696744-w52mxhd03aqf-399-75.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  15.4 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	answer1.jpg 
Views:	637 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	775005

I really wish one of our local bike shops carried more obscure brands such as this. But I am thinking that the "charcoal" color is a neutral grey and would go well with the frame color. Otherwise, the white one should work fine.

Nice Tallboy, DRILLINDK! I love the red on black.

kjlued - sweet orange pedals! I am rather partial to orange. I'm betting that'll be a fun bike to add a little bling to.
    I've had both the white, and the charcoal gray Answer Rove stems. I am very impressed with their products, plus they are nice to look at.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

Team Chilidog!
    So true - on all accounts! My first "real" mountain bike was a 2005 Giant Yukon hardtail. I've replaced the stem, handlebars, cables, pedals, bb, crankset, put on a bashguard, replaced the saddle, replaced the fork, the wheels and the brakes! The only things I haven't changed are the cassette, the shifters, and the chainrings. Yup, those are the only OE parts, aside from the frame. I'm going to have to post a pic of that one...
    Yes, you definitely are

My weakness is tires, which is one of the things I was making fun of myself in that. I showed that writing to my wrench, and he laughed. He said, "yep, whatever you want me to do to your bike, that's what you pay me to do." That said, he's helped get me out of issues with my drivetrain/rims/etc that I've had before. He's even helped me bling out my DJ, and finding good matching red parts.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Aloha! That's such an awesome story. It belongs in Passion too. Streamers, what ever, it's not the number of miles (or the bling), it's the number smiles. I can personally say I can have lots of fun on a mountain bike no matter what I am riding.

mtbr member
    Aloha! This is such a great story, it belongs in Passion. Bling or not, it's not the number of miles (or bling), it's the number of smiles.

Dudette

Update!

Purple Blackspire pedals finally arrived and I installed them last night. Not the best photo, but you get the picture
    Let's see your blinged-out rides!-merlins-bling.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    this is my budget bling titus racer x build...

custom decals, straitline pedals, answer limited stem by fixation all shimano xt group.

ready for this spring , cant wait...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your blinged-out rides!-titus-bike.jpg  

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-titus-decals.jpg  

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-amysstem2.jpg  

Let's see your blinged-out rides!-amyspedals.jpg  

Dudette
    ^ @Yeti...that is beautiful! Lots of attention to detail, right down to the custom decals. Talk about Pretty in Pink! :thumbs up:

mtbr member
    May 2008

Here is my new rig, don't mind the red pedals. Those are the hubby's, I was trying them out. I'll be getting a set of the special edition black and green Straitline Amp's! I've had this about 2 weeks now and it is an absolute rocketship.
    I also don't have my front wheel on it yet, still waiting for Easton to ship my 20-15mm adapter.

Dudette
    Whistle! Purple and green are gonna look cool on that thing!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast