Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Last Mammoth Trip!

863 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  bermbairn 
#1 ·
Ok ladies, it is almost over for Mammoth! I am going Thursday, Sept 20th-23rd. Unfortunately, it looks like my friends that will be joining me are mostly advanced-free riders. Any intermediate riders out there that can join me that weekend?

#4 ·
cyberdivachick said:
OK, it sounds like you guys will be a bit too advanced for me. I am more of a lower intermediate rider. If you have some riders that are that level, let me know, would love to hook up. I ride Skid Marks, but have to walk the top part.
The group we're with "warmed up" on lower Velocity last time around, so I imagine this time will be similar. Two of the riders are Expert DHers. I'll be racing Sport this year, so can't really keep up with them, but usually try to ride as much (I stay out of rock gardens like on Bullit, though). You're welcome to join us and then if it's not your type of riding that's cool too. We'll be doing slower runs at first with cameras, and then will ditch the trail paparazzi routine and get going faster.

I think a few others will be up there that aren't as fast, but they aren't staying with us, so not sure if we'll meet up with them right away or not.

We'll be up by the Gondola at open time and everyone will pretty much be wearing green The Path jerseys, or brown/grey So Cal Trailriders jerseys. All FF helmets.

This will be me:

Even if we don't ride if you see us say hi!

#5 ·
Wow! Amazing pictures! I will be wearing pink leg armor and a fushia down hill helmet if I get it back, UPS still has it from my Whistler trip. It looks and sounds like your group is just way too advanced for me, but I will definetely look for you guys and give you a shout out! If any of the riders want a slower paced ride, they are welcome to join me on the more intermediate trails. I'm Wendy by the way.

#6 ·
cyberdivachick said:
I'm Wendy by the way.
Allison here.

There were a few that weren't as advanced on the last trip, but they're progressing really quickly ;)

Here's "Huck"Spokes in April -

And recently -

Whistler:

Mammoth

Local

Just know your own limits and if you *really* don't feel comfortable with something, don't ride it. Pushing yourself is okay. I have been trying stuff that really makes me nervous, but my equipment can handle it, and I know as long as I don't go too far outside of my skills I'll be okay. Nervous is one thing, really uncomfortable and not feeling it is another.

#9 ·
Last Mammoth Trip

Hi Ladies!
I have to cancel my last Mammoth trip. I had a health issue come up that I am healing from and need to take some time off. Debbie, one of my girlfriends now has no one to ride with, If you are able to ride all the blue trails and a gamer, I can hook the two of you up. Let me know your thoughts.

Wendy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.