Thread: Kneepads

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Kneepads

Hey ladies.
    Sorry if this is redundant, but I cant seem to find a post on kneepads for this year. I tried on my husbands S/M Fox Launch kneepads and they were too big. I'm curious about the women's Khyber kneeepads or any men's kneepads that come in S and not S/M, like some of the 661 designs. I wish there was a store nearby that carried a range of kneepads so I could try them on ...

Thanks for your help ladies.

Moderator Moderator
    G-Forms are sized by measuring your leg, and 8 sizes are available. I have a set but just haven't used them more than once or twice, so I can't offer much in the way of a review. They are very un-bulky to wear or carry, but one disadvantage of the "sleeve style" is that you probably have to remove your shoes to get them on/off, rather than just strapping them on. Products - G-Form LLC

mtbr member
    I have the G-Form knee pads, size Medium. You should definitely be able to find your size. So far, I haven't tested them yet (and hope to never test them). They are comfortable for riding - no issues. The annoying thing is what mtbxplorer said - you have to put them on before you put your shoes on. It's not that bad for me, since I don't drive in my 5-10s, and I just put them on in the parking lot, but it can be a pain.

Team Chilidog!
    The G-forms also bunch up behind the knee for me, which would suck while riding. Right now I'm using the 661 Evos, but the larges are too big, so I need to hope the mediums fit, or try something else.

The Kali mediums were just too small, but the larges were too big

pin it
    I wear 661 Kyle Straits size small for dh. They fit well and don't feel bulky

I have a G forms which I have only worn once for a trail ride. I should have gotten the next size up, medium rather than small.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Re: Kneepads

I just bought the Troy Lee Designs KG5450 Knee/Shin Guards. With most pairs of pads I have tried on I found that the pads were tight on my calves but loose everywhere else since I have larger calves. I have only worn these pads once (3 hrs) but I found they were so comfortable and lightweight that I forgot I was wearing them. It was quite hot out on my ride but these pads have Vent-trak, which it says moves air through flexible channels over skin surface to cool and although I was sweating like crazy, I didn't find my legs a problem.

My only complaint is that they could stand to come down a bit further on my shins but I have long legs (I'm 5'11) so this may not be a problem for someone smaller. They are pull-on's but I don't like strap one as I have never worn a pair that didn't feel like the straps were digging in.
    Now I need to find a pair of elbow pads...****

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for the advice. I ended up going with the 661 rage/kyle straight knee pads. I was using shin guards so the new set up is going to take a little getting used to. I got the smalls and they seem to fit well enough, a little bulky, but I figure I'll get used to 'em.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i know the OP figured out her issue, but Fox YOUTH knee/shin pads are nice and lightweight. i'm an adult female and they fit me. i'd say unless your legs are above medium, they should fit.
    fap